h/c/i

• Sponsors (?)

so i should prob go biggerr esp since im sure i will do many more mods.

the valve clearance. im going to use 1.7 rockers. will the valves clear my pistons or what pistons do i need

well yea i now it isnt but its alot of work takin off my current heads. i was just thinkin if i need diff pistons i could just rebuild the extra block i have. my current motor only has 66k miles.

Been there done that...there is no way to accomplish this without flycutting the pistons. The issue is not with the size of the cam, but the fact that the factory valve reliefs simply will not support a 2.02 intake valve used in a 19 degree setup (TFS TW heads get around this only by angling the valve). The stock reliefs issue is they are not wide enough, despite the added depth of the cam. Be sure to clay them as you go using playdough. It's a good idea to put a little oil on the playdough so it doesnt stick. Use an old headgasket, tq the heads down and use a solid lifter while assembling the valvetrain while claying. I believe you will want at least .030 clearance IIRC. The 1.7 rockers will only worsen this issue.

A 24# injector should support this just fine as it will make @ 320 rwhp depending on the dyno etc. If needed just bump the fuel pressure a tad.

Been there done that...there is no way to accomplish this without flycutting the pistons. The issue is not with the size of the cam, but the fact that the factory valve reliefs simply will not support a 2.02 intake valve used in a 19 degree setup (TFS TW heads get around this only by angling the valve). The stock reliefs issue is they are not wide enough, despite the added depth of the cam. Be sure to clay them as you go using playdough. It's a good idea to put a little oil on the playdough so it doesnt stick. Use an old headgasket, tq the heads down and use a solid lifter while assembling the valvetrain while claying. I believe you will want at least .030 clearance IIRC. The 1.7 rockers will only worsen this issue.

A 24# injector should support this just fine as it will make @ 320 rwhp depending on the dyno etc. If needed just bump the fuel pressure a tad.

IIRC i had a bunch of room with my cam... but i have Keith black flat tops... i was always scared i checked it wrong... My heads are 2.02 intake valve highports. But it just started up last week with no metal on metal noise so i guess im in the clear

that setup will make some VERY GOOD power!!! the only thing thats gonna hold you back is the cam...i would go custom cam with that setup to get the full potential of that setup....i made 323/341 with tfs trackheats,eddy rpm,and fps custom cam and all supporting mods...if you go custom i think you can even pass my numbers with all supporting hardware

He has a stock shortblock. Of course aftermarket pistons offer larger reliefs :shrug:

exactly why he shouldnt mess with stock pistons... if your going to pull the heads to check PTV... and to possibly Fly cut. You might as well just get some new pistons rings and bearings :shrug:

Engines are set up in "Combos" for a reason... All your parts should work together and complement each other... sometimes you learn that the hard way. Just start by setting up a plan and deciding exactly what you want to do.

Just because you can get the cam for $50 doesent mean you should put it in... if its a good deal buy the cam and sell it and get one for your set up.