H Pipe 02's?

• Sponsors (?)

Don't weld it shut. With the mods you are doing you are going to want that for a tune at some point. I would plug it up. Not sure where to get a plug but I would think either a used O2 sensor or maybe go to a perf shop...

I agree .... plug it and keep it!

There should be 2 bungs (one on each side) close to the headers. That's what you'll use for your o2's. The PO probably had the extra one welded in a little further back .... probably on the driver's side bank.

yea sorry guys by the time i just read this i decided the same thing in my head went to a custom exhaust shop on the way home from school and bought a plug for $10 i guess my headers will be on by the end of today... im ****ing flying in to these mods

H pipe is on but i left EGR line just hanging not attached to the cats... will that be ok for now??? other thing is it is smelling like ass and one cat is making a whistle noise i think or it could be the egr tube... any imput???

Thats not the egr tube, that tube goes to the air pump, and the whistling sound is probably the air from the pump coming out the end of the pipe. You should hook that up with high-temp hose, a muffler shop should have some. As for the smell, could be exhaust gas coming out that open pipe on the cats. Two birds with one stone for that one.

Does your car still have the air pump? I'm reasonably sure the sound you are hearing is coming from the pump. Have a look under there, there should be a metal tube coming down on the passenger side (IIRC) thats normally connected to the cats via a rubber hose. You can ditch the whole air pump system to clean up the look in the engine bay somewhat. I wouldn't just plug that metal tube.

Yep, that's more than likely the sound you're hearing. Just get rid of the smog stuff. If you need smog equipment in your area ..... then make the H-pipe accept the smog tube somehow. Don't plug it .... that will do no good.

im thinking about just drilling out the welds then getting some copper piping with a y connector and going to work with muffler cement or jb weld.... i think that might work ohh and smell is gone lol it was wd40 burning of my header bolts...

yeah, never run cats with the air injection tube and no air going in through there... I did that when I was trying to remove my stocker and drove like that a couple of days. the cats kept loading up and the car ran HORRIBLE after a little while (20 miles or so the first time, then kept getting less)... So I would say to do what you gotta do to connect it...

Oh and BTW I have been using a piece of heater hose with two hose clams without a problem for 2 years now to hold the air injection tube to the line coming off the air pump...

it runs fine but sounds like **** it is a little weird on start up...well im gonna have to deal with it till like friday till i can drive it home and fix it... heater hose is a good idea... but i gotta drill out these welds and then find some way to connect the hoses to the cats....