H-PIPE OR X-PIPE

• Sponsors (?)

Update I found a local place with a Headman brand pipe for about $150.00. An exhaust shop will install it (SHHHHHHH) They quoted $250.00 which includes new tailpipes since I am running dumps now. They said just to run stock size out the back, for backpressure reasons??
Need a reply to this because im ready to do today.

RUNINAGT said:
Update I found a local place with a Headman brand pipe for about $150.00. An exhaust shop will install it (SHHHHHHH) They quoted $250.00 which includes new tailpipes since I am running dumps now. They said just to run stock size out the back, for backpressure reasons??
Need a reply to this because im ready to do today.

This is why car enthusiasts don't take their cars to places like muffler shops....they don't know WTF they're talking about. Having your exhaust .25 bigger won't effect back pressure what so ever. I would recommend you buy a complete cat-back kit and do it yourself. You'll learn something about your car and you'll feel so much better about it in the end, and it's really not that hard. I did my first full exhaust swap from headers back to tail pipes with a set of car ramps and basic hand tools in my apartment parking lot.

Well this is what I have to spend @ this time. I'm gonna get the 2.5 all the way out anyway. Our shop does not weld, that why im going to them. Car already has fairly new Flomasters on it now. I wanna reuse those.
I think $250.00 is fair?
The only gain with 2.5 pipes are noise though right.

RUNINAGT said:
Well this is what I have to spend @ this time. I'm gonna get the 2.5 all the way out anyway. Our shop does not weld, that why im going to them. Car already has fairly new Flomasters on it now. I wanna reuse those.
I think $250.00 is fair?
The only gain with 2.5 pipes are noise though right.

Nope, you'll gain flow too. A lot of people swear by this backpressure thing but then some people think it's a myth, otherwise why would a lot of racecars run open headers? That's NO backpressure aside from the headers themselves. The '05+ Mustangs finally have a 2.5 exhaust and that's part of the reason they're finally at the 300hp mark.

Oh, and i wasn't bustin your butt on not doing it yourself...i know how a budget can be, gotta do what you gotta do. As for the price, if it doesn't break your bank and you get what you're wanting then i'd say it's fair.