H Pipe, X Pipe, What's The Difference?

• Sponsors (?)

X is going to give you the race car sound

H is going to give you the old school rumble.

The X is going to cost a bit more because it give you power. I think it was like 1-3 hps. I know someone posted up information about it a few weeks ago. I think it was in tech.

I remember many years back in NASCAR that Sterling Marlins Car always sounded different, it wasnt until he flipped the Car over that exposed his X Pipe and then it bacame commonplace as every HP counts.

i'll just say that after i installed my lt's and o/r x, the exhaust note was actually quieter than with stock headers. At maybe 4000+, it may have been a bit louder, but not really. i think the lt's quiet things down a lot.

X pipes give a miniscule amount more HP and are quieter at idle, loud and raspy at WOT. H pipes are a deeper louder idle, and loud and rumbly at WOT.
I wouldn't say h-pipes are louder at idle. The x-pipe's raspiness makes them kind of crackle at idle and sounds louder to me. H-pipes are throatier and tend to drone a lot. I have flows on my car (unfortunately) and even with a catted h-pipe it droned pretty bad. I threw on an o/r x, and not only does it sound a hell of a lot better, there is no drone whatsoever. I like the sound of an x better, and there is a very small power difference.

The most power will probably come from a Prochamber. I had a prochamber and Mac catback through tails, sold them and put on an O/R X and dumped spintechs and coupled with a 5 lug conversion lost a bunch of power and 21rwtq. Never had an O/R H on the car, but did have the prochamber and X and from what it seems the prochamber might have made some more power.

The most power will probably come from a Prochamber. I had a prochamber and Mac catback through tails, sold them and put on an O/R X and dumped spintechs and coupled with a 5 lug conversion lost a bunch of power and 21rwtq. Never had an O/R H on the car, but did have the prochamber and X and from what it seems the prochamber might have made some more power.

You have a vid or a sound clip of your car with the prochamber and the mac cat-back system?!?!? I am considering that set up for my next car and I haven't heard a prochamber on mac mufflers before.

I heard that the pro chamber only gave a few more HP (like 1-3) and the same torque.
All marketing hype or?

I've never seen real world numbers but i've ran the pro chamber back to back with an X and didn't feel any difference but the X sounds a billion times better. Between an H and X, typically the H makes a tad more torque at the expense of peak hp and visa versa for the X, it'll make a tad more top end at the expense of a slight loss in bottom end. All in all it's apples and oranges and nothing that you'll ever feel on the street or track.

I heard that the pro chamber only gave a few more HP (like 1-3) and the same torque.
All marketing hype or?

I have a weak comparison, as other stuff changed...

On 245/45/17 Falkens with stock 4 lug brakes, Prochamber and a Mac Catback out 2.5" tails my car made...

272 rwhp
316 rwtq

Ran 12.99 @ 107.6 with a 2.06 60'.

On 285/35/18 Falkens with 5 lug SN95 brakes, VRS X pipe and Spintech mufflers out 3" turn downs my car made...

258 rwhp
295 rwtq

Ran 12.95 @ 106.0 with a 1.91 60'.

Dyno runs were very similar conditions if not the same, the track runs might have been slightly better air with the 12.95, but the exact same event 3 years apart, same track as well (NED FFW).