H-Pipe? X-pipe?

Discussion in 'Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech' started by custom89stang, Dec 11, 2003.

1. custom89stang

custom89stang New Member

Okay, I wanna get either an off-road h-pipe or x-pipe, both are around the same price ($1XX). I heard that an h-pipe is louder than an x-pipe? So i was leaning that way. What kind of Torque and HP gains can i expect with each? What are common installation issues with each? Do i need MIL eliminators? I have an 1989 5.0. My current mods are just cold air intake and flowmasters out back. Thanks everyone
  2. MustangMulch

MustangMulch New Member

I'll recommend the same thing i recommend to everyone... Mac Prochamber. Good stuff :nice: I guarantee you'll love it.
  3. TIMMY2734

TIMMY2734 Founding Member

power difference will be negligible. You do not need MILS. They are only used on the newer musatngs, with OBD crap or whatever its called.

H pipes will tend to have more of a rumble and the x will be kinda sorta raspy. H pipes and 2 chambers sound great together. I had them, but so did everyone else. thats why i swapped mufflers.

check out mustangexhaust.com and hear some sound clips. i think the password they ask for is like 123
  4. Smeckel

Smeckel New Member

Try doing a search, this is covered almost weekly.

But ill throw my .02 in. I'd go with an x-pipe personally (though i've never heard a prochamber in real life) as i prefer the sound. Also seems to take out most of the drone associated with flows and other chambered mufflers. Sounds amazing in the higher RPM's.

Steve
  5. 25thmustang

25thmustang Advanced Member

I live in Berlin and frequently drive through Meriden. I have a Prochamber on my car, so you might have heard one in real life afterall!

I agree, Prochamber! :nice:
  6. Whytry91

Whytry91 New Member

you can click on my sig for an x-pipe,
  7. Smeckel

Smeckel New Member

What color's your car? There's quite a few foxes around here.