H-pipes Bullitt vs GT

faspony

Sep 17, 2006
Does anyone know whether the Bullitt Mustang has a different stock H-pipe than the stock GT.

One guy on youtube says he is getting NO drone with FRPP Stingers
P/N M-5230-5GT because of the difference in the stock Bullitt H-pipe. :shrug:

If that's true I'd put that H-pipe on my GT so I can run Borlas or FRPP Stingers. :nice:

Tell me what you think?

• Sponsors (?)

The bullitt midpipe is essentially a GT pipe that has been modified from the factory with the Ford Racing part M-5251-R which is a splice in X crossover.

Ford Racing X-pipe 2005-07 Mustang GT - M-5251-R

Due to the popularity of the sound Ford started selling it and the bullitt mufflers for GT owners that were looking to get their car to sound like a bullitt.

Ford Racing Bullitt Axle-back, 2005-Present Mustang GT - M-5230-GTB

Would it be a good addition to a supercharged GT? Does it flow better than the stock H pipe? I currently have GTA axle-backs and the sound level, tone, quality and lack of drone is perfect for me. Just arrived and going on real soon is a Whipple HO.

basically the X crossover will shift your power band a little from low to mid range more towards high rpm. As far as actual HP increase it would have to be minimal if any with possibly some low end torque loss.

Ford did its homework when they came up with an exhaust system for this car which basically means that most of the exhaust work you'll do will probably be mostly for sound unless you change things dramatically like getting longtubes and removing the cats completely which can be expensive.

basically the X crossover will shift your power band a little from low to mid range more towards high rpm. As far as actual HP increase it would have to be minimal if any with possibly some low end torque loss.

Ford did its homework when they came up with an exhaust system for this car which basically means that most of the exhaust work you'll do will probably be mostly for sound unless you change things dramatically like getting longtubes and removing the cats completely which can be expensive.

That's what I've heard, mainly sound quality and volume and very little performance gain. Until someone comes up with something that makes a significant performance gain without drastically changing the sound quality and volume that I have now, I'll take a pass. Besides, I think I'll have about all the performance I can stand, for at least a while :nice:

That's what I've heard, mainly sound quality and volume and very little performance gain. Until someone comes up with something that makes a significant performance gain without drastically changing the sound quality and volume that I have now, I'll take a pass. Besides, I think I'll have about all the performance I can stand, for at least a while :nice:

I was dead set on getting some midpipes for my car but seeing how I like the way my car sounds right now I am going to invest in some mods that will yield more returns in terms of performance like a 1 piece lightweight driveshaft and leave the personal touches alone until I have money to blow for details like that.

ok i have a 08 bullitt and i took out my h pipe so let me clarify the pipe for one it is not a x pipe in no way its a h pipe were the h has been modified and the cats are made different to give it a little higher flow to achieve the deeper tone and frpp does have the mufflers for sale but they do not make the bullitt h pipe for aftermarket sales it only comes on the bullitt now i dont know if you can go to ford and order it but im sure you would not like the price its a thousand dollar pipe

ya just around the corner no it does have different mufflers they are frpp gtb se mufflers but they didnt go the x pipe route cause lets face it x pipes are not deep any way you make it i hate my pypes x pipe its got to go i was gonna sell my bullitt h till i found out you cant buy it and its around a grand so i decided to keep it so its sittin in my closet with the mufflers the mufflers im gonna get rid of though frpp has them so no point on keepin them

ok i have a 08 bullitt and i took out my h pipe so let me clarify the pipe for one it is not a x pipe in no way its a h pipe were the h has been modified and the cats are made different to give it a little higher flow to achieve the deeper tone and frpp does have the mufflers for sale but they do not make the bullitt h pipe for aftermarket sales it only comes on the bullitt now i dont know if you can go to ford and order it but im sure you would not like the price its a thousand dollar pipe

Are you saying the mid pipe is a thousand dollars? I also only see one set of cats for the 4.6 regardless of GT, Shelby GT, Bullitt, etc.

Are you saying the mid pipe is a thousand dollars? I also only see one set of cats for the 4.6 regardless of GT, Shelby GT, Bullitt, etc.

thats what ford says the price is when i asked the cost to replace it and no there is one set of cats for all but the bullitt it has different cats completely different part numbers beleive me i have them sitting in the closet it is strickly a bullitt setup here read this it will tell you most of the differences

2008 Ford Mustang Bullitt - Bullitt Is Back - Modular Depot Forums

thats what ford says the price is when i asked the cost to replace it and no there is one set of cats for all but the bullitt it has different cats completely different part numbers beleive me i have them sitting in the closet it is strickly a bullitt setup here read this it will tell you most of the differences

2008 Ford Mustang Bullitt - Bullitt Is Back - Modular Depot Forums

Do you mean the dealer told you that price? I'm willing to bet that you can order it from a oem online parts network for a lot less. I glanced at that article and saw no mention of different cats just about the h-pipe, mufflers, and 3-1/2" tips. Where is it?

Do you mean the dealer told you that price? I'm willing to bet that you can order it from a oem online parts network for a lot less. I glanced at that article and saw no mention of different cats just about the h-pipe, mufflers, and 3-1/2" tips. Where is it?

that was just one article look for more and while your at it get the part numbers from your orignal cats and we can compare and oem parts online dont sell the bullitt h pipe is it just hard to take in that it is a unique part. i own the car i have done alot of research on this car i drive it i breath it but hey just to make ya feel better ill just say its the same as the gt nithin different nothin more:hail2::hail2:

does anyone else find it rather difficult to read complete run-on sentences with no punctuation at all and words that just keep going and going or is it just me because when i talk i usually take a breath here and there and gosh this is so hard for me to do even when i try to do it so i will stop now thanks bye

:D

I was dead set on getting some midpipes for my car but seeing how I like the way my car sounds right now I am going to invest in some mods that will yield more returns in terms of performance like a 1 piece lightweight driveshaft and leave the personal touches alone until I have money to blow for details like that.

I have to agree with this. I bought LTs and went with an O/R H, and I'm spending way too much money to get it the way I want. Proven mods, like suspension or bigger wheels and tires, will make you faster without all this pain. Of course, the perfect exhaust gets me going every time I turn the key.
Dan