H&R SuperSport Springs & Mach1 struts/shocks?

• Sponsors (?)

personally I wished I had not gotten the mach 1 shocks, and saved my money for some bilstines. the mach 1 shocks imo are not a whole lot better then stock. I've ridden in cars with bilstines and they ride and handle much better.

i have the Mach1 struts/shocks already... so i basically have to pick springs and ive been thinking about H&R's because ive heard good things and its the perfect drop im looking for... i just dont want to end up with an even bumpier more uncomfortable ride...

I have the h&r race springs in my car, which are stiffer then the super sports. no complaints so far, handling is great. small bumps are fine, but big bumps will knock your fillings out. the supersports should be a nicer ride though. and if slap a h&r sticker on there after your done, you'll get a thumbs up from all the bimmer guys.

My son has his GT lowered 2" and we installed the Mach1 shocks/struts. We used CC plates which allows for the upper mounting point of the struts to be adjusted through stacking of spacers over and under the CC plates. They have been installed for over 4000 miles with no problems front or rear.

The struts will not blow if you were to install the factory rubber stops over the strut rod. If it was possible to blow the shocks from not enough travel the rubber stops would prevent that from happening. Some instructions for lowering springs do recommend cutting the stops to allow for more travel. Even cut they will prevent the shock from bottoming if your car was lowered enough to cause the bottoming out. We did not cut the ones on the GT and they have never bottomed out even in Autocross aggressive style driving.

blueovalguy said:
I didn't even blow my stock struts and shocks out with my H&R's, and had them on for over a year and 25,000 miles. Spread your BS somewhere else!

I'm still on my stockers.. I still wanna replace them for something better thou..

-J

DTMach1 said:
you will blow your struts within a week or two if you go wtih supersports and mach-1 shocks/struts

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now that I have regained composure, I've had this setup for over a year and have driven the car quite hard and have had zero problems. Why would a spring with such light spring rates cause problems with the Mach I shocks? Explain, please.