H/X pipe

dbdragracing

Dec 1, 2004
I have a 1991 GT with a super crappy exhaust job on it. I will be replacing the exhaust next month, but while under the car I noticed it didnt have a h/x/crossover pipe...does this hurt performance? Also, the car has Hooker shorty headers...will any offroad h-pipe fit them as long as they are for shorties? Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

I had the same thing done to my 94. No midpipe, just straight pipes coming off the headers into cats and mufflers....

Anyway i just got done hacking all that out and installing an o/r h pipe and catback and let me tell you it made a HUGE difference. I would definitely say i gained a few hp. It revs much smoother now too I noticed.

The Fox 5 liter needs the balance of a crossover, H or X, to run like it should, and the parts are readily available, so idk who woulda made a straight dual system for it:shrug:. Your shorty's aughta hook up with any of the systems made for shorty's just fine- hang on, its gonna be fun! I'll trade ya my off road H for the 70!

Well, Im exited about getting the h-pipe on now! I noticed the car didn't feel as good as my '89 and this one has lower miles and more done to it. Hopefully the exhaust will fix that.

I'll think about the trade for the '70, but you'll have to throw in some muffler bearings and NOS stickers!

Thanks.

Well, Im exited about getting the h-pipe on now! I noticed the car didn't feel as good as my '89 and this one has lower miles and more done to it. Hopefully the exhaust will fix that.

I'll think about the trade for the '70, but you'll have to throw in some muffler bearings and NOS stickers!

Thanks.

:nice:Cool, anything I can do to help:D! I do have some spare muffler bearings, but I'm fresh out of stickers(put the last on my sisters Honda, it needed more power), however, I have a couple extra Knutin valves, and some taillight fluid!:rlaugh: Yeah, your GT is feeling kinda asthmatic, nice off road crossover aughta fix it. Its prolly going to like the hangers at the trans crossmember finally holding up its exhaust more, too- what you have on now looks like it wants to drop off under the car, doesn't it?