HACK JOB has a story to tell!!!

SVT32VDOHC

waiting for the next hack atta
Founding Member
Nov 22, 2001
Motor City
Went out into the evening last night with Hack Job and my friends all motor 90GT. We stopped by a car show that was shut down early due to rain, but after that the sun came out brighter than ever and it all dried up. He hung out anyways, and a Jeep Wrangler, a bunch of 4X4 pickups and a crotch rocket all had to rev when they went by......anyways......

Oh yeah.....the good part. :D:D While I won't get into details, I just wanna say that Project 81 HACK JOB's 2V powerplant didn't have any trouble pulling on a S-197 3V GT. :D

• Sponsors (?)

Well thank you guys, I appreciate it. It felt good because he had his girl in the car, and was taunting me like no other.

I still have yet to get next to a 94-04 car and have them notice the dash. People freaked out when they saw it at car shows, but I want someone to notice on the road at the red light. Then again, I haven't been out to the cruise spot yet. But I'm going tonight.

P.S. I might have track times for Hack Job soon. If the weather holds I might go to the track Saturday. It has rained here everyday this past week and a half. Mostly in the evening, so if I get lucky, I'm going!

Nice work. :D

I'm not surprised. The PI 2V's can put down 250 rwhp + with exhaust, upper intake and pullies. That should motivated that 81 notch nicely. :nice:

I hope you do get to the track. I'd love to see some times on that setup.

What mods have you done? Gear? Exhaust?

2001 4.6L 2V 78,000 mile engine
T45 Replacement trans (looked brand new when I got it)
Steeda CAI and K&N filter in fender
Steeda Short Throw and handle
New Motorsport 11" clutch and PP.
3.73 gears, welded tubes, new bearings, seals, rebuilt diff, poly axle bushings.
HPM Mega Bite Jr LCA's and UCA's.
Stock manifolds, BBK o/r H-pipe
MAC 2-1/2" catback with 3-1/2: tail pipes.
Steeda Sport Springs, MOOG ball joints, BOOG bushings, MOOG tie rods.
Stock computer...not tuned as of right now.
ALL these are NEW FORD PARTS:
fluids, brakes, hoses, water pump, oil pan, motor mounts, valve cover gaskets, harmonic balancer, tensioner, t-stat, radiator, condensor etc...

It's pretty dependable and it moves really well. It honestly feels like a stockish 96-98 Cobra. I would like 13's, but we'll see what the tires do. They spin easily on the street, so I'll prolly fry em at the track.

PS we still need a nice long project hack job thread you know mr!!!!

tons of pics from the beginnings to the end. and a nice new vid of her crusing!!! :nice:

I know, I know...I am lazy when it comes to Hack Job right now. I have been since it was finished. I just wanna drive it, even though I haven't polished out the swirl marks yet, haven't done two or three last interior things etc...

Same as a stoc 96-98 Cobra huh? Wana race :D

Did you ever post pics of the interior yet?

Yeah, lets go!!!! hehe....Yeah I think so. I had a L/T, X pipe, Flowmaster catback 97 Cobra a few years ago, and they feel pretty close. That ran 13.9 at 102MPH, so I hope I can get close to that.

And no, I didn't post interior yet.

It's pretty dependable and it moves really well. It honestly feels like a stockish 96-98 Cobra. I would like 13's, but we'll see what the tires do. They spin easily on the street, so I'll prolly fry em at the track.

You should run mid to high 13's easy. It's all going to be in the 60'.

Buddy of mine has an '02 with exhaust, 3.73's, upper intake, pullies. He runs 8.8 - 8.9 in the 1/8th. That's high 13's in the 1/4. His car dynoed 258 rwhp.

Your notch should weight at least 400lbs less. With a good 60', I'd expect 13.6 - 13.8.

Thanks. That would be nice. I really hope it can get there. I could put my Cobra R wheels with Nittos on the back, but they stick out and 1inch. I guess it don't really matter though. I just want to hook.

Hmm...cool. I'll give it a shot. Lapeer isn't as good, as you can see in my sig. Compared to Milan Dragway, but Lapeer is never busy and it's cheaper. Lapeer is a back yard mom and pop track pretty much. Dirt pits, leaky water box etc...It's actually really funny. Man, I hope I can go. I'll be by myself as non of my friends take their cars out anymore.

http://www.lapeerdragway.com/index.html

Where you on DR's for the Lapeer 60' listed in your sig? If so, ouch. Sounds like a slick track. It's probably not easy driving that blown cobra, too.

The track I race at is usually pretty good. Even for test n tune nights. I normally cut 1.99's on street tires.

Be sure to let us know what you run.

I will, IF I go. This weather is stupid. It says rain tomorrow and the track is about 70 miles from my house, so if it is raining here, I'm sure as hell not gonna chance it out there. :D

Yes, both those times are on the same pair of Nitto's. 1.8 and 2.1. Lapeer is slick. They do not do anything to the track. No heat torch, no VHT, no nothing. You have to burn the tires good to get all the rocks off the tires from the dirt pits. Look at some of the pics on the link.

Instead of making a bunch of work switchings wheels on my cars, I should just mount the new 275 Nitto's I have sitting on some 17X8 wheels and go. The 17X8's look funny because they have no backspacing for that long axle housing, but it's just for the strip.