had a wreck today...

dbrufus1234

Sep 10, 2006
well im on lunch break and my light turns green and the next thing i know some car runs a red light and hits me, im front end is pretty messed up. im pretty sure its totalled. im not hurt but my car is done with. im just hoping i can get enough out of his insurance company to maybe get another 05 GT. i was just wondering if anyone else has had their car totalled and what they got for it?? ill try to get some pics up later

• Sponsors (?)

Sorry to hear that, the best thing you can do for a ballpark figure is look up the kelley blue book value. That puts you in range of what your looking at.

Glad to hear your alright after a wreck that nets a totalled vehicle.. That's not the case often times..

Was there air bag deployment?

Sorry to hear that, the best thing you can do for a ballpark figure is look up the kelley blue book value. That puts you in range of what your looking at.

Glad to hear your alright after a wreck that nets a totalled vehicle.. That's not the case often times..

Was there air bag deployment?

yeah the air bag deployed. im not 100% sure its totalled, but the wrecker guy that picked it up said he was about 90% sure it was totalled. and on the kelly blue book do i need to look the retail price or private seller price??

I would start pushing the insurance company to total it. If it's not totaled it sounds like it will take a while in the shop to fix, so play up the cost of the rental. Also, go to www.KBB.com www.edmunds.com and www.nadaguides.com and find the biggest number for your car you can, and then push for that.

Sorry to hear about the car dood, best of luck with everything, I feel for ya.
Dan

i just went through this. Had my car totaled about a month ago. What my insurance company did was.
They went out and found 10 cars in my local area that where close to the mileage and condition as my car was before the accident ( from dealerships, autotrader, whereever) Then they took the average price of those ten cars and that is what i got. The number was fair but of course lower than i wanted. If i where you i would look into doing your own research like this. Find cars in your area that are for sale with similiar features and mileage and that should give you a good idea of what the insurance company is going to offer. If they low ball you, get a lawyer involved. Also i would seriously consider looking into a doctor. I walked away from my accident and the next day i was hurting pretty bad but didn't think anyways was wrong. I was semi-forced to go see a doctor. Now i have a herniated/Torn disk in my back and also a buldging disk.

Get checked even if it doesn't hurt, don't mess with back injurys they can really mess you up.

Them red light runners are the biggest low life out on the road. I always wait and look twice here lately. Sorry to here about it dude, at least your OK. :)
yeah i always look twice too, when my light turned green there was a car in each lane that was stopped. the guy that hit me wasent pay attention and didnt have time to stop to not hit the cars in front of him and went around the stopped cars and hit me in the intersection

i just went through this. Had my car totaled about a month ago. What my insurance company did was.
They went out and found 10 cars in my local area that where close to the mileage and condition as my car was before the accident ( from dealerships, autotrader, whereever) Then they took the average price of those ten cars and that is what i got. The number was fair but of course lower than i wanted. If i where you i would look into doing your own research like this. Find cars in your area that are for sale with similiar features and mileage and that should give you a good idea of what the insurance company is going to offer. If they low ball you, get a lawyer involved. Also i would seriously consider looking into a doctor. I walked away from my accident and the next day i was hurting pretty bad but didn't think anyways was wrong. I was semi-forced to go see a doctor. Now i have a herniated/Torn disk in my back and also a buldging disk.

Get checked even if it doesn't hurt, don't mess with back injurys they can really mess you up.
yeah as the day gets later i keep noticeing and couple more things that are hurting. i thought my bruised arm was all that happened but my back is kinda starting to bother me and my foot is hurtin a little, hopefully it will be better tomarrow

here's some pics

Attachments

• P1000170.JPG
    P1000170.JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 201
  • P1000172.JPG
    P1000172.JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 201
Was going through an intersection today and a guy ran the red light. I was the second car back, otherwise I could have been hit. The guy had to be going 65 at least. He never slowed down or anything.

You, my friend have a totalled car IMO...that is definite unibody damage, and it looks like you tweaked the motor..Are the panels still lined up in the ass?

yeah im pretty sure they are still lined up, i just hope i get enough money to get another S197, im gonna be pretty mad if dont even give me enough money for an 05, but ive never been in a wreck so i dont really know how they judge the price i just dont want to get screwed

My wife totaled her Volvo and I had a pickup stolen and both times we got a LOT more than we expected. Hopefully this is the case for you as well. At least you are OK. You should strip anything that isn't stock that you can get your hands on since they won't pay additional money for aftermarket stuff in most cases anyway.

...and I agree that you should go see a DR. you are probably going to feel a lot worse tomorrow anyway, it takes a day or two a lot of times after you are in an accident to really start feeling it.

My wife totaled her Volvo and I had a pickup stolen and both times we got a LOT more than we expected. Hopefully this is the case for you as well. At least you are OK. You should strip anything that isn't stock that you can get your hands on since they won't pay additional money for aftermarket stuff in most cases anyway.

...and I agree that you should go see a DR. you are probably going to feel a lot worse tomorrow anyway, it takes a day or two a lot of times after you are in an accident to really start feeling it.

yeah i was gonna go tomarrow and get my CD player out of it, could i get my exhaust too?