Half water half gas

satanas

Dec 16, 2005
Arizona
Have you hear of this before? My neighbor gave me a handbbok to read about how engines could run cleaner with hidrogen from water and regular gas. Supposably it will increase torque, More miles per gallon and is safer for the environment.With just less than 100 dollars of supplies. This is the web site that is on the handbook

Water to Run your Cars on Half WATER+Fuel Cells. HHO Hydrogen Cars Saver Half Gas. Improve mileage with FREE FUEL!

Let me know if you think it is a fake or not. my neghbor said he wants to make money building these things.

• Sponsors (?)

the theory is sound, but you will end up spending way over 100 dollars to fab the parts together and get it running. there is a guy at work that is trying to put one together. you are basically generating hydrogen and burning that in your cylinders.

This has been recently covered, several times, in several forums. See also "Hydrogen generators?" thread in the BHR. I think there was another one here in 5.0 Talk not too long ago, too. Do a search for "HHO generator" or "hydrogen generator" and you'll likely find 'em. :nice:

The general consensus is that the science SOUNDS good in theory, but does little or nothing in actual use ... more of a placebo effect, as the fuel "savings" is actually caused by the person driving unconsciously changing their driving habits in such a way that they don't drive as aggressively and/or fast and thus use less fuel and therefore find a "fuel savings." :shrug:

From everything I have been reading, success all depends on the type of PCM. Basically older cars will not see any effects, due to the lack of O2 sensors, and some EEC4 type vehicles would see little effects because the o2s don't control fuel delivery as much as newer EEC5 and up vehicles...and newer vehicles will basically know something is wrong because it monitors how much fuel is being delivered vs the a/f mixture being read by the o2s.

I am sure someone with much more knowledge than I will chime in....I'm just paraphrasing the basic concept in which I was told. I don't know how true it is.

my understanding is it takes more energy to convert water to hydrogen than you get out of the hydrogn. the energy to convert the water to hydrogen will come from your alternator, and we all know what has to happen to turn the alt...