Handz 2.1 Kenne Bell Install *Lots of Pics*

Kenne Bell Updated Pulley Install

Well, about 1,000 miles after install, I started to experience a noise when the car was cold. I could swear i could hear it in the supercharger. I was worried something might be wrong cause it was only when the car was started from a DEAD cold like in the morning or late at night. I could plus a wooden stick on the Supercharger Inlet and here the squeak. As soon as the car got warm the squeak disappeared.

I realized it was most likely NOT the Supercharger so i started checking other things. My Idler and tensioner are both OEM Ford with less than 10,000 miles on them So i doubted that was the issue. I took off the Alternator and noticed the bearing was making a noise. The Alternator was OEM ford and had a lifetime warranty so i got a brand new one to replace the squeaking alternator. I also installed a Brand new belt to eliminate that from the equation.

Well, Niether of those find the problem and i still had the squeak.

I decided after swapping EVERYTHING with all new pulleys, I called Kenne Bell and told them i might have squeaking Idler pulleys for the supercharger. After a little talk, we found out my Kit came with the Old style Idlers that are known to squeak after a while.

Kenne Bell told me they had new Updated pulley they could hook me up with. So, I took a drive down to Kenne Bell Headquarters and picked up the New Pulleys. The new ones are Double Bearing and and more heavy duty. The older pulley had failed and the bearing had started to leak the grease out causing squeak.

I have almost 2,000 miles on these idlers and they work Great so far!!! I really wanna try and get some METCO idlers if i can get some custom made just cause i know they look great.

New Kenne Bell Idlers

IMG_5227Small.jpg

IMG_5231Small.jpg

IMG_5234Small.jpg

Idler Set up with the Custom KB Spacers

IMG_5235Small.jpg

Left = Updated KB Idlers, Right = Old KB Idler

IMG_5240Small.jpg

Old Idlers Removed

IMG_5242Small.jpg

Installing New Idlers

IMG_5244Small.jpg

IMG_5245Small.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Sweet. I have actually thought about putting a KB on my car once my track car gets closer to being done. Seems like a fun set up for every day use.

Other than the idler pulley, have you had any more trouble?

Just 2 things. very small.

One of the holes was tapped too big on the intake and a hose barb kept falling out. It was KB bad when drilling the hole too big. KB Gave me a new one.

I also had a loose fitting on the I/C tank which cause a small leak. Defecting tank. Someone else makes the IC takes for KB. They gave me a new one.

Of course. Nothing out of my pocket because the kit is under warranty. They replaced everything cause it was not my fault.

Kenne Bell service is top notch. When i purchased the kit they gave me the T/B for free. When I went a picked up the pulleys, i got a free twin screw t-shirt.

Thats good. I know someone who bought an on 3 turbo kit and the MAF went out. The kits under warranty so they called on 3 and asked them about it. They said they don't make the MAF, so they gave them the companies number and said call them and let them deal with it.

Just making sure KB isn't like that.

I would rate KB's service as VERY high quality.

The only problem is KB only has like 2 phones, so they are always busy when you call. Usually take me 4 or 5 times to get through an answer cause there lines are always busy. Guess they are doing well business wise lol

You should have been paying attention twista lol. I did this back in august and have put almost 4,000 miles of smiles on the blower :)

Twin Screw Is Heaven. :nice:

Hah grats. I never seen it coming. Your the suspension and detail guy. Now hell you look good (the car) and move out with the quickness :eek:

Did your brother ever get another mustang? I know you had to rip his old one apart

My bro still hasnt gotten another mustang cause he is lazy. He need to save a little more cash. He is driving a Grand Marque right now because my dad got a new car and gave him his Mercury.... has a 4.6 :D

At least now with the Kenne Bell i wont get those "your car is so clean but slow" comments because the car has more power than most on the board hahaha. Centri guys are envious of the twin screw.