Happy B-Day to me + UPS + Pics

Yea, the od button on the stocker sux as well, I'm ready to put it on the steering wheel in place of one of the cruise buttons. I like that B&M shifter though. I've got long legs so I have to sit back, but i have short arms so I have to bend forward to shift.

• Sponsors (?)

here's a few pics of 'er in, vid will come this week.
6gnafx3.jpg

4kdt9gn.jpg

6ffzcdj.jpg

Having long arms is nice, but being tall with the seat all the way back does make you have to lean in a way to upshift

Attachments

• 6gnafx3.jpg
    6gnafx3.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 67
  • 4kdt9gn.jpg
    4kdt9gn.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 69
  • 6ffzcdj.jpg
    6ffzcdj.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 74
The only thing I don't like is the location of the O/D button.

Couple questions:
What does that cost, btw? I like the idea of how it shifts :)

How far does it move forward/backward during the shifting process?

What's involved in the installation process? (how long does the instruction sheet specify?)

IIRC, that was only made for the 96-98 model years, or no?

Part number on the box?

Thanks.

1. $199.99
2. moves i'd say about 2-2.5 inches. Its a good amount, enough so that you cant really do it by accident.
3. Someone who does this kinda thing often it takes about 2-2.5 hours. If not, than about 4-5
4. It's for 96-04
5. Hammer Shifter #81001

What are your impressions so far driving around with it?

Looks great...looking forward to your video!

Ive had mine for over a year now and when left in D its exactly the same. When manually shifting the trans, it feels alot more positive with this shifter vs. the stocker. With the stocker, it clicks into place whereas the Hammer feels like it locks into place.

yeah, no fluid dropped on the install. The manual shifts are a bit more positive, definitley faster tho. Only thing i dont like is having to nudge it up once, lift the paddle - move it up then nudge it again to go from Drive to park instead of just being able to lift the paddle and move it all the way up. Takes some getting used to (especially since i have no red LED to show me my gear right now) but i love it.

It's hard to tell from that Spanish video, but with every up/down shift, do you have to mess with the paddle or just push/pull the shifter?

you just push/pull. You only need to lift the paddle when moving out of park or up to reverse.
The shifts are as soon as you push the shifter up in most cases. At part throttle it'll do it when ever you want, while in hard throttle the 1-2 shift will do when told but the 2-3 (or 2-D) will shift right when told if your high enough in the rpm's, but if your still climbing em it'll wait to shift into third cuz it's technically in Drive.