Happy Birthday Hood Scoop!

GOLDENPONY

Founding Member
Jan 23, 2002
LOVELAND, OHIO
My wife got me a Roush pre-painted (black) hood scoop for my birthday. Maybe somebody can answer a question I have before installing. The instructions call for drilling (7) 5 mm holes. I have no problem doing this, but I want to use a 5 mm, 135 deg. split point bit so it will not "walk" when I start drilling.
So far, I have not been able to find a place to purchase this drill bit. Anybody know where I might buy one? I'm not in a rush, my birthday isn't until Dec. 2, so I've got time to find one. :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

Have you ever seen a center punch that's spring loaded and fires the tip down when pressed? You just press it where you want and it will snap down and leave tiny dimple without denting the surrounding area.

Ha it flew off?? My scoop is held on by tape only and has yet to fly off, even at 140mph...maybe he didn't prep his hood prior to putting it on?
Posted via Mobile Device

3m tape should hold it. I know of people who took off the bolts so drilling would be needed. Properly preppred, tape alone should be fine. Many parts of cars from the factory are attached that way.