Fox Harassing An Audi S4 And A Boss302 On A Road Course

MFE92

10 Year Member
Aug 25, 2010
Phoenix
In corner-carving land, we often say "slow in equals fast out". Lots of drivers try to dive into and through a corner really fast, which forces a line that causes them to go wide at the exit, delaying their ability to straighten the car and really get on the gas, which compromises their corner exit speed. Now matter how fast two drivers enter a corner, the driver with a 5 mph advantage coming out of a corner carries that advantage all the way to the next corner. And that's how I was able to give this S4 the business so much. His car is heavier, but has a distinct HP advantage, not to mention AWD. Those advantages disappear when the driver can't be patient enough with the throttle. But it sounded baller!

View: http://youtu.be/ItTxNM2pF2o

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Maaaaan.... Lebanon is too small to have actual track races like this. At best, we have an 8 meter wide, 1.5 km long karting track.

Most of my races I've participated in have been hill climb races. Very different than this, with typical 3rd world safety regs (ie, none), and usually a valley on one side of the narrow mountain road (and a ditch on the other). Usually over in under 2 minutes (per heat).

What I wouldn't give to be able to have an actual track day like this. Great job man.

ps: here's what I'm talking about. Hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed yours! That's my BMW 540 6 speed wagon. It's a fan favorite! :)

That is bonkers. Tell me you get a pre-drive or a walk-through beforehand?

Maaaaan.... Lebanon is too small to have actual track races like this. At best, we have an 8 meter wide, 1.5 km long karting track.

Most of my races I've participated in have been hill climb races. Very different than this, with typical 3rd world safety regs (ie, none), and usually a valley on one side of the narrow mountain road (and a ditch on the other). Usually over in under 2 minutes (per heat).

What I wouldn't give to be able to have an actual track day like this. Great job man.

ps: here's what I'm talking about. Hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed yours! That's my BMW 540 6 speed wagon. It's a fan favorite! :)