Harmonic Balance Video

Martman

Jun 20, 2016
Louisville, KY
So was double checking my timing today and for some reason it seems that my balancer has some wobble in it. Maybe that is normal but I would appreciate if someone could watch the video below and let me know if it looks normal. I have never really payed attention to a balancer outside of setting timing when the engine is running.

View: https://youtu.be/0AjY5A0qD8c

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

• Sponsors (?)

I can't tell from the vid but your gonna catch grief about those plug wire and that airfilter!
They get kinda skechy after 25 years and a 100,000 miles. The balancer is easy to change and not expensive. just try to get a ford unit, you don't need an aftermarket latest wizbang unit. I would suggest you paint the timing marks so you can see them, they get hard to see after a few thousand miles.

Yeah the wires and filter were in there when I bought it in June. I am trying to get key mechanical things worked out for driveability. The air filter and wires could be contributing to some of my issues and they are actually on the list.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

The belt looks calm to me. Dirt and rust buildup might make the pulley look wobbly. But what I see in the vid as far as belt is concerned looks ok. Unless you're tossing belts or have a vibration issue, I'd say you're fine.