Has anybody used mustang depot (ebay) rotating assemblies

• Sponsors (?)

That is where I picked up the rotating assy in my sig. All parts were high quality name brands. The only problem I had was the piston rings. The kit had low tension rings, which might be ok for racing applications (assuming the builder knows they are low tension), but for a street motor they create way too much blowby. I did a leak down test: it was 20%. I had no choice but to rebuild it.

Just make sure you specify the bore size, piston dish, ring package, and anything else you can think of. They did swap out the pistons in the kit for me, so that I could get the low compression I was after. No additional charge.

I am happy with the purchase. Just don't expect them to design the motor for you. Decide what you want before talking to them. This should be done with any aftermarket purchase though, regardless of the company.

vristang said:
That is where I picked up the rotating assy in my sig. All parts were high quality name brands. The only problem I had was the piston rings. The kit had low tension rings, which might be ok for racing applications (assuming the builder knows they are low tension), but for a street motor they create way too much blowby. I did a leak down test: it was 20%. I had no choice but to rebuild it.

Just make sure you specify the bore size, piston dish, ring package, and anything else you can think of. They did swap out the pistons in the kit for me, so that I could get the low compression I was after. No additional charge.

I am happy with the purchase. Just don't expect them to design the motor for you. Decide what you want before talking to them. This should be done with any aftermarket purchase though, regardless of the company.

Are you talking about TMD or ADPerformance

I would assume he is talking about TMD.... I know Brian well, and that is not him.

Low Tension rings in themself do not lead to more blow buy, or high leakdown numbers.

When looking at internals just make sure you compare apples to applesm there is a lot of junk out there.

Yeah, get the cheaper parts so you can put the money you saved towards the machining it's going to take to get the parts to work. If you get the cheap stuff, and it breaks pre-maturley, how much money did you save?

I got a good deal through Rick 91GT, he's making sure things are 100% right. :nice:

Here's mine from TMD. 347 kit, eagle crank, eagle rods, arp bolts, sealed power pistons. 852 miles on motor and this is what happened on my first day at the track. I was only running 12.40s. I have no idea what happened I was only turning about 4500rpms in 4th gear and it just died.

9ebb.jpg

333f.jpg

Rick 91GT said:
Hmm..pics aren't showing up, what happened?

Lost the #4 piston. I pulled the heads and it was GONE. rod was there with a little bend to it, just enough for the wrist pin to pop a hole through the cylinder wall. I still have no idea what happened.

I was running N/A with about 320rwhp. I never revved it more than 6200 and never sprayed it are anything.