Has anyone checked out AJE's new front end?

Hmmmm....(doing math...) "Minus 6, carry the 8, divide by..."
Actually, you can get the AJE kit for $2250 w/ the SN95 struts. Add some nice road race brakes (your brand of choice) for $700 ish, and you have a front end with front steer rack and pinion (power or manual), mucho room between the shock towers, camber/caster plates, coil overs, big ole SN95 spindles for $2950.

At least that is what my math came up with. I did have to take off my socks, once I started counting past 10, so who knows?! LOL.. :D

For the drag crowd, or the road crowd, it is nice to have some options. :nice:

do you have a link to this page??? cause i really like the sn95 design.

• Sponsors (?)

Well I showed this to a customer and this is the way we're going. It'll get the Baer brakes for $699. It's a fastback, so no shaving.Seems to be a better deal than the TCP stuff that doesn't come with brakes or a rack. This car is going to be fun. C4 with a GV behind a 400hp+ SB stroker. He started out wanting to spend 20k. He's at 17k in parts almost so far.I'm the DEVIL.:lol:

Well I showed this to a customer and this is the way we're going. It'll get the Baer brakes for $699. It's a fastback, so no shaving.Seems to be a better deal than the TCP stuff that doesn't come with brakes or a rack. This car is going to be fun. C4 with a GV behind a 400hp+ SB stroker. He started out wanting to spend 20k. He's at 17k in parts almost so far.I'm the DEVIL.:lol:

Should make plenty of room for a turbo setup. :D

I will conceed the point for the drag guys. I took another look at this set up and I can see the merit if drag racing was the main focus. Looks very light and would handle better than the stock stuff. A 10" basic disc up front is all you will need. These cars are only about 2800 lbs.

I will conceed the point for the drag guys. I took another look at this set up and I can see the merit if drag racing was the main focus. Looks very light and would handle better than the stock stuff. A 10" basic disc up front is all you will need. These cars are only about 2800 lbs.

A 332mm SN95 aftermarket rotor weighs 5lbs less over a stock 11.3 rotor. You can even use a PBR caliper and still save weight and have more stopping power and save weight at the same time, I wouldn't want to downgrade to a 10" from a 11.3, especially if its street driven.

lol, thats good to hear. More early Fords w/ quality hp in them...
10sec, its fun spending other peoples money, huh?

Yeah. That's the best part. I tell them they're options, let them wiegh it out. It helps I'm not the owner yet. That way they don't think I'm out to take their mone by buying lots of expensive parts. Doesn't matter to me what they get. I get paid either way, and have a blast putting it on.(and driving :) )

Why are the shock or now strut towers different? One is shaved back and the other is shaped a little different?

How much work are we talking to install this?

Does it come with the R&P?

I guess my SSBC disc brakes would not work on this?

Sorry for all the questions but this looks like something I would be interested in.

-

Yes, the R&P comes with it.
Cochino nailed it I think...It is up to you to notch it or not.

I don't have one, yet, but from what I have heard you locate/mount it in the belly bar hole, drill two holes in in framerail per side, and its done!
Of course, your notching may vary...

If your SSBC disc's are for an early Mustang, then I don't think so, as the spindles are Fox/SN95 specific.

mustang sub frame kit??????

i see that someone has scanned an ad for a mustang mini sub-frame kit.

Has anyone used this kit? what are the advatages or disadvantages of eliminating the strut-rods?

can this kit be used with rack and pinion down the road?

Looks like a good way to beef up the suspension along with some roller perches maybe?

I am just looking for some feedback because i have never seen anything like this kit.

thanks

i see that someone has scanned an ad for a mustang mini sub-frame kit.

Has anyone used this kit? what are the advatages or disadvantages of eliminating the strut-rods?

can this kit be used with rack and pinion down the road?

Looks like a good way to beef up the suspension along with some roller perches maybe?

I am just looking for some feedback because i have never seen anything like this kit.

thanks

last time i check their website they didn't have the mustang kit listed yet, i'm eagerly awaiting the release of this kit myself, looks like a viable alternative to a regular strut rod style suspension. global west is supposed to have a new coilover kit for the 65-66 cars that looks similar to the CPP kit but beefier, and susbstantially more expensive as well but they don't have it listed on their website yet either.

here is a link to CPP's website

http://www.classicperform.com

It's a MacPherson strut suspension. WHY would you give-up an unequal length upper/lower control arm suspension for an under-steering, cannot get the tire to do what you want it to do and can only get the car around a corner by making the suspension hard as rocks the way Porsche has t do with its Mac front ends?
But that is just me...I HATE UNDERSTEER!!!!

the AJE system but the CPP system is not, it converts the lower control arm and strut rod combo to a true A-arm lower and still utilizes the stock or stock style upper control arms. read the entire thread before you start commenting, this thread has not been active for several months until today and the only posts today are referring to the CPP system

Further thread hijacking: check out this rear suspension system, from an outfit called Highland Daytona Racing, that they call a "Satchell Link" system:

satchel-link-suspension-3.jpg

satchel-link-suspension-2.jpg

satchel-link-suspension-8.jpg

satchel-link-suspension-4.jpg

It's in the October Hot Rod mag's "new products" section and got some between-the-shows coverage on Spike Power Block with Courtney last weekend. Currently available for the 2nd gen Crapmaro, but a classic Stang kit is in the pipeline. $3200 is the "introductory" price, $400 off the regular price. http://www.hdrcoupe.com/pages/satchell-link-suspension.php

Everything heim joints, everything double shear.

Next, check out this birdcage they're marketing for the 2nd gen Cambirds:

Max-G-in-Hawk-001.jpg

Just $8550 plus shipping.

Actually, a strut will add negitive camber as it travels up and this is very desirable in a road race car. In all but the most radical full bore race car set up, this stuff will out perform the other guys on the block. Lets face it, most of the vintage mustangs out on a road course are hot street cars. If they are full time race cars they need to qualify for vintage class rules that will not allow any of the new modern suspensions. Look to Cobra Automotive for suspension systems that are vintage legal. If you race your car like I do, at open track events. I will put the RRS system up against the best out there. The RRS guys are full tilt racers in AUS. and this stuff was engieered for their race cars. I know I sound like a commercial for RRS but I did a ton of research before I bought. This stuff is too expensive to make a mistake on.

Right, it gives a camber gain...but you cannot control it the way you can with a upper/lower arm. It just cannot happen, that is why Porsche builds their bodys super strong with very little flex. They can then put extremly hard springs on the car and it won't jar you as much as it would if the body structure was weaker. They even brag about this in the new Cayman coupe.
And as far as out-performing the other guys on the block..why does a 93-2002 Z/28 beat the hell out of ANY late model mac front Mustang in the corners. BTDT. My STOCK f-41 Z/28 would out corner any front engine MacPherson strut car I ever run aganist. Including 06 330-I BMW's and 'M' Z-3's. Right across Paris Mtn. and down the Blue-Ridge Parkway. They NEVER pulled me in the corners. And you don't want
to talk about what a C-5 Vette will do to a front engined MacPherson car.
The Mac was designed as a low-cost IFS for economy cars. BMW and the Japs jumped all over it and even BMW has put an unequal-lenght upper/lower control arm IFS on the new X-5. WHY do yo think that is? Because the Mac is better? Don't think so.
If you want a good IFS for an early Mustang I would recommend the Global-West.