Has anyone done LED's in the license plate sockets or Reverse lights?

Mustang5L5

That is…until I whipped out my Bissell
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
I've done it on my GT and liked the looks...but wondering how it would look on a Fox.

With the diffuser style lens, LED brake lights prob wouldn't look too bright, but i figure the plate lights might look nice and the reverse lights as well.

Anyone?

View attachment 307092

They look slightly purple/blue in the pic but are white. The silver paint plays tricks with the camera

• Sponsors (?)

i was thinking about doing the rev. lights. I was backing out last night and with both bulbs burning still couldnt see poop.
Where did you get them and how much?

I'd love to have led bulbs in the tails because the brake lights will light up faster, but IDK if they work right with our lenses. Not to mention less power draw and they're less likely to burn out.

i just want some turn signal bulbs....i like the way they flash... but cannot find any that work :(
You'll need an electroninc flasher or load equalizer mentioned before to make led's work properly for turn signals. The draw from a led is so small that the regular flasher thinks there is a blown bulb and therefore it blinks fast.

You need something like this.. It will probably draw the same volt/amp as stock and light up alot better then just a bulb alone

http://www.parts123.com/parts123/yb...~S2G20EYV4E69253124350c~Z5Z5Z5~Z5Z5Z50000016c

yb.dll

They are dimmer however so keep that in mind. I know LED's are bright, but you need a whole bunch of them to really make it bright and these bulb manufacturers aren't putting enough of them into the bulb array.

With my reverse lights, they look cool as hell but are nowhere near as bright as the bulbs were

kinda why i left bulbs in the brake light sections. I've seen fox's with LED bulbs there and all you see are the points of light from behind. It doesn't reflect the way the bulbs do.

If you want LED brake lights...you need to put a panel inside the lens

They are dimmer however so keep that in mind. I know LED's are bright, but you need a whole bunch of them to really make it bright and these bulb manufacturers aren't putting enough of them into the bulb array.

With my reverse lights, they look cool as hell but are nowhere near as bright as the bulbs were

kinda why i left bulbs in the brake light sections. I've seen fox's with LED bulbs there and all you see are the points of light from behind. It doesn't reflect the way the bulbs do.

If you want LED brake lights...you need to put a panel inside the lens

That is exactly what i said! I even gave a link to the panel!! :)

You need something like this.. It will probably draw the same volt/amp as stock and light up alot better then just a bulb alone

http://www.parts123.com/parts123/yb...~S2G20EYV4E69253124350c~Z5Z5Z5~Z5Z5Z50000016c

yb.dll

Interesting

I have about 1000LED's. Where can you buy blank circuit board? Maybe i'll try it? Could toss some resistors in where the turn signals are so they blink nice-a-nice

I'd love to have led bulbs in the tails because the brake lights will light up faster, but IDK if they work right with our lenses. Not to mention less power draw and they're less likely to burn out.

You'll need an electroninc flasher or load equalizer mentioned before to make led's work properly for turn signals. The draw from a led is so small that the regular flasher thinks there is a blown bulb and therefore it blinks fast.

yeah i had LED turn signals... i love them... but i had to run the load equalizer witht hem...

they make a pretty sick 3157 bulb that has 25 leds on it and they face all diff directions and are white until you put the blinker on then go to amber.pretty sweet.if you have hids they would match great.they are 25 a bulb though.