Has anyone done LED's in the license plate sockets or Reverse lights?

• Sponsors (?)

Me personally i was going to try and pick up those LED trailer lights from a local pepboys and "fab them up" in the fox housing.. That or something like this:

3 X 5 Rectangular Red LED Stop,Tail& Turn light - led truck lights, led trailer lights, led boat trailer lights, trailer lights

View attachment 306693

or something similar and go from there.. I gotta get the project running, driveable, and inspected before i start this project though :nice:

That's exactly what I was thinkin' of doing at one point with those LED trailer lights they sell at Harbor Freight. I think they're less than $25 a pair, IIRC, so if it doesn't require you to mutilate the lens housing to make 'em fit, it'd be worth it. :nice:

I bought new clear license plate lenses from 50Resto and put the appropriate LED's from SuperBrightLED's in there and I freakin' love em. They make the license plate light look awesome.

back1zf2.jpg

back2bk2.jpg

And yes...I have noticed that they're different colors. SuperBright has "Cool White" and "Warm White" and I ordered 2 "Cool White" LED's and I think I got one of each.

I've also got LED's in my cornering lamps out front (not that you asked) heh

frontst2.jpg