Has anyone ever been tempted? be honest....

• Sponsors (?)

Ive always thought about it. The h/c/i LS1's are putting down over 440 rwhp, and some are in the 10's. Pretty damn impressive.

I think in general, we can compete with them no problem, since parts are usually much cheaper for us. Plus our cars didnt cost a ton. You could have a blower, and h/c/i for the same price as there h/c/i. Plus most ls1's owners dont work on there cars themselves (atleast the ones i know).

I've been very tempted. As it was said, 440rwhp on an H/C/I car is awful tempting. However, I test drove a 2000 Z28 a while back and hated it. I just didn't like the way it drove or felt or anything. That helped my LS1 lust a little bit.

Never been tempted by a Chevy. But I admit to being vaguely tempted by Subaru :nonono:. Take an STi, remove the ugly ass wing, change the TMI to an FMI and lose the gaudy hood scoop, and it would be a nice daily driver...

HairyCanary said:
Never been tempted by a Chevy. But I admit to being vaguely tempted by Subaru :nonono:. Take an STi, remove the ugly ass wing, change the TMI to an FMI and lose the gaudy hood scoop, and it would be a nice daily driver...
maybe you should check out the Mitsu Evo RS....or the RS w/ the urban jungle package....the RS is a STRIPPED(no wing, ac, radio etc EVO) and then the urban jungle package gives you a bunh of that stuff back...but still no wing or high end appearance stuff like HID's and what not)

Anthony

Never forget that we are 50 cubic inches shy of the chevy boys.

Put a 351 in our cars and its all the more eaiser to put em in the rear view mirror.

Tempted ??? NO WAY !!! Cut myself the other day and I bled Ford blue.

Later
Grady

Chevy? NO way...but Pontiac WS6 was another thing, was looking at a Vert and went w/the stang instead 5 years ago...I'm sure glad I "settled" on the Mustang - would not look back!! GM quality is trash, I've owned too many GM cars and I'm now Ford Converted (also have an 01 Sport Trac - yes, wife drives it NOT ME).

Although at one point I will have another 66 or 69 Vert GTO in my garage someday after I'm done modding the Stang. (Had a pristine 69 HT, 400 Big Block, 350HP...wish I never sold it).

I've been a Ford fan from the start. I've been going up to the Maplegrove Ford Nationals with my Pops since I can remember. I must admit, I do like the framed and tubed Chevelles and Novas at the track, but I would never own one. I can't stand old Pontiacs. I've never liked any Camaro - they remind me of an Eclipse with a V8. But hey, I would drive a Chevy anyday before a foreign product.

Joe

Ok, If were being honest. I've been a chevy man from day one. All i've owned was camaro's and chevelle's. When I sold my last 70' chevelle yes a big block. I was looking for a firebird ws6 lt1 though. They were so expensive. Then started looking for a lt1 camaro or firebird. They were still like 1-2,000 dollars over book. There's no way I'm gonna pay $1,000 over book but these people were selling them for over book. So I thought ok I'll be different and by a mustang. I got my 94 gt with 5.0 5speed and cobra hood and wheels for $4,000. Well when I raced my friend that owns a 95 firebird ws6 ram air. I was thinking twice like what was I thinking. He beat me by 4-5 car lenghts and he missed 3 gear. I have since put different exhaust, cai, ignition, 255 lph fuel pump, 3.55 gears, adj. fuel regulator. Oh lastly but not least nx nitous kit on it. Well needless to say my friend didn't beat me the next time we raced. He still wonders what the ***** I did. haha On that note my stang still doesn't compare to my chevelle for power. I'm now in the process of putting a 408 stroker together and bump the nos up to 200 hp level. This will be fun.

Tempted yes, did well not actually I bought a sweet 97 T-top Z28 (LT1) and owned it for a couple months, I had a few mild mods on it, but nothing serious, it was a quick car, I just couldn't ever get comfortable while driving, I think it was b/c my poor 94 GT was just sitting at home w/out a trans! I have always loved the SN-95s and I doubt I will ever get rid of mine, but I wouldn't mind owning an H/C/I LS1 along with my 5.0

viperos said:
....went for a test drive just for the fun of it... (also tested a 2002 cobra, a 67 mach 1,......

Wow, that's pretty crazy since niether of those cars were ever made....jk man. The new Cobras were only made in 99, 01, 03 and 04. Mach 1's were only made in 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, and 74.

Anyways, I'm with Grady also. I would much rather get a built 351 in my car down the road. Maybe after school, a Dart block 408 or something....see if I can do some modifications to fit it under the stock hood (k-member, drop mounts, cutting, welding). That would be a sleeper!

Jake