Has anyone ever lost their keys???

Any one ever lose the keys to your car? Well seems I can’t find the only ones I have. The accessory key was stolen with a set of keys about 6 years ago. Now, I can’t find the ignition key. I finally completed assembly on my car and can’t fire it up. I contacted Ford; they can only reissue keys for vehicles 97 and up. Locksmith will cost me $100 bucks. I have reviewed the instructions on replacing the tumbler and I need the key to turn the ignition to the “ON” position in order to pull it out of place. Anyone know if this to be completely true. I really am trying to avoid a locksmith. In reality what will happen is that I will shell out the $100 and the next day, find the key.

• Sponsors (?)

i didn't lose my keys but it cost me alot of cash and aggravation. i broke the key in the ignition of my 96. had to call a locksmith to remove it. then i found out the keys were about 40$ a piece to replace the one i broke. damn technology, seems they have a chip or something in the key that the alarm reads so it knows it's ok to start. but damn 40$ for a key? at least i found out the alarm worked cuz the theft flashed and the entire car would not work till i used the right key. anyway hard lesson.