has anyone had any toruble installing a Dr. Gas x-pipe with BBK longtubes.

90lxboost'n

Jan 1, 2006
Ohio
I bought a Dr. Gas X-pipe for my BBK longtubes and tried to install it, and there was no way in hell it was going to fit. So I call up Dr. Gas and ask them about it and the guy says you have to trim fit the front pipes off of the header. So I did this and it only made it worse. I cut little bit by bit off each side to try and keep the X in the middle of the car, well that won't happen. I am just wanting to see if anyone else has had this problem. Thanks guys.. Ricky.

• Sponsors (?)

90lxboost'n said:
I bought a Dr. Gas X-pipe for my BBK longtubes and tried to install it, and there was no way in hell it was going to fit. So I call up Dr. Gas and ask them about it and the guy says you have to trim fit the front pipes off of the header. So I did this and it only made it worse. I cut little bit by bit off each side to try and keep the X in the middle of the car, well that won't happen. I am just wanting to see if anyone else has had this problem. Thanks guys.. Ricky.

Mine took alot of effort to fit. First of all you will need at least 2 people. I ordered mine off ebay, and as you know it comes in like 9 pieces. Well the company labeled the pieces wrong. It took a good hour to figure out but we finally did it, and fit it piece by piece and tacked it every time, took it back out and fully welded it. By the sounds of it you will need new tubes, but Im sure you can pick them up at an xhaust shop and then cut it to the correct size. It was a super PITA to rig up, but we did and its def. worth it. The sound of the X at WOT is amazingly loud and you will be happy.

You can always run into problems with mix matching parts... especially exhaust parts. Same thing happened to me with my headers and MAC prochamber. I had to have the Prochamber cut and rewelded with new pipe so it met up well with the headers.

my front tubes were labled wrong also. I had to put the pass. side on the drivers side and the pass. side I had to cut there so called 45 degree bend and weld my own angle in. Now it fits great. I just have to wait two weeks for my mufflers to come in.. As many of these as Dr. Gas makes they should be able to do a better job. If I had a bender I guarantee I could do this better..