Has anyone heard any updates on the cobra killer turbo kit?

• Sponsors (?)

inertia said:
What sized turbo/make and intercooler did you go with?

I'm going to test with 60-1's and 62-1's initially (These have upgraded impellar wheels though-they flow approximately 10% more then standard 60-1's or 62-1's). We'll see how that works out. If they seem to be too small, I am going to try GT40's.

The intercooler's are going to be Griffin.

JoeTT said:
I'm going to test with 60-1's and 62-1's initially (These have upgraded impellar wheels though-they flow approximately 10% more then standard 60-1's or 62-1's). We'll see how that works out. If they seem to be too small, I am going to try GT40's.

The intercooler's are going to be Griffin.

GT40s are a nice sized turbo, might be too much for some power hungry stock bottom end owners though. But its all up to the tune and how many lbs your pushing right. :) Have you decided on which wastegate and BOV?

Stang2003GT said:
Is there going to be a turbo kit for stock internals?

Yes, that is what they are working on. Might be a smaller turbo pushing less boost but with a nice tune it should be fine with stock internals as long as you dont get greedy and crank up the boost.

Stang2003GT said:

That's what I think they mentioned it will be. He mentioned several tunes for different applications. If I remember correctly, they're *ESTIMATING* 400 ish to be safe on a stock bottom end. From my understanding, that's the max HP a stock engine should be pushed to.

I think tim said it would also be "competitvely priced with the KB kit". I hope it is. I'm still torn between the KB kit and the turbo kit. Regardless, since I live on the alabama/georgia border, I'll more than likely be leaving my car at T&J for a week with 10 grand and seeing what kinda monster rolls out. That's a looong ways off though so by then, I'll have plenty of feedback on both the KB kits as well as whatever turbo kits T&J cook up.

Stang2003GT said:

The 'smaller' turbos I mentioned (60-1 and 62-1) are going to be the base kit and will be good for 450-550fwhp. These turbos should provide ample pressure ratios for the stock internals. We will be offering upgrades from T61-T88 with the single kits. We'll also have a 'race' kit available after we get these first few out of the way. Race kits will be for large frame T88's and larger.

inertia said:
GT40s are a nice sized turbo, might be too much for some power hungry stock bottom end owners though. But its all up to the tune and how many lbs your pushing right. :) Have you decided on which wastegate and BOV?

I'm looking into a TurboXS BOV right now and we will be using Turbonetics new wastegate. Their will be several upgrades available for these also.

Nice I am anxious to know how this turns out ... You said a T88 or larger for the race kits .. damn that is a serious race kit if you go any higher than that for a street car. hheh :)

inertia said:
Nice I am anxious to know how this turns out ... You said a T88 or larger for the race kits .. damn that is a serious race kit if you go any higher than that for a street car. hheh :)

Yeah, I used the term 'race' loosely. I'm trying to convert Tim over to turbo, and he's mentioned a 91mm turbo... his is a street car isn't it?

Spy Info!

Yesterday Tim let me into his little workshop to see what the elves are up to. I got to see the mockup of the turbo kit going on Andy's car. The exhaust manifolds looked pretty complete, and there was plenty of room left in the bay for any sized turbo & intercooler you'd care to run. It all looked really nice, and made me want one...bad. :bang:

Its not a dumb question .. glad you brought this up for people who don't know. The stock intake should be fine ... depends how much power are you going to be pushing though .. Snkypete, Sizz, Lou, and a couple of other TurboStangers are pushing some pretty damn impressive numbers and still have their stock manifolds.

JoeTT said:
Thanks Ashley - did that CD I sent you work out for you?

Sorry I didn't see this earlier Joe. I guess I don't have the preferences set to email when people reply. The CD works exactly as it should I am just trying to upgrade my knowledge so that I might be able to use it properly.

Thanks so much again for your help. I owe you one.

Ashley

inertia said:
hahahah 91mm now that is insane, people have issues with traction on the street with just a T72 let alone a T76 buhahaha ..

Even little GT61BB's have trouble getting traction on a nice cold night :flag:

The stock rods will let go LONG before the stock intake...the intake should be fine until about 500/550rwhp or so IMO. But there are now two different intakes out there...Fox Lake is almost done, Reichard is supposedly testing v2.0 of his intake....I just have to decide which one will end up on my car in the spring.