Has anyone installed the Midwest Autogear mirror covers?

midwest-2005-mirror-covers-2.jpg

mustangtuning_1947_174997750

I helped a friend install hers, they come with double sided tape.

I was thinking for my install, maybe a thin layer of black silicone might make them sit a little more level with the rest of the mirror rather than the tape?

If the silicone doesn't come off the mirrors if I ever pried the covers off, at least I could just replace the mirror housings.

Any thoughts?

• Sponsors (?)

They mount pretty flush if you put the tape in the right place. You can't go wrong though. Besides the shorty antenna, they're a must. I'll be ordering them for my new Mustang very soon.

Well we still like yours, had them since Oct. Like the subtle look vs painting the whole mirror (yuk) Most folks think it came that way :)

They are so cheap, just buy them to see what it looks like ? We just set ours on there for a week before we decided to stick them on.

Good luck !

Well I have them already, I know how they look, put a set on my friend's red 05GT :flag:

But I was wondering if the silicone might be a better solution to the tape since it won't raise the covers as much..the tape pads the height a little bit.

If you place the tape in the correct places, the inserts will lay as low as they would with silicone. The inserts are made to utilize the 3m tape. I mean, if using silicone makes you feel better, go for it. I don't see any problems with it. It just seems unnecessary, that's all.

Well I have them already, I know how they look, put a set on my friend's red 05GT :flag:

But I was wondering if the silicone might be a better solution to the tape since it won't raise the covers as much..the tape pads the height a little bit.

Sorry, guess I don't read well...........

NO mine does not stick higher with the tape VS silicone

I just got my 07 GT/CS on Fri, Vista Blue. The first thing I did was put on the mirror covers followed by MRT hood struts (sweeeeeeeeeet). I'm new to the forum, but I will be visiting frequently. I might worry about the bond of silicone when the temps drop around freezing with vibrations, stay with the automotive grade double-sided tape that they provide (strong as steel at all temps).