Has anyone made their own EGR delete plate?

302Feen

Dec 22, 2009
Have any of you FOX guys made your own EGR delete plate? I don't want to spend a bunch of money on a simple piece of metal with some holes cut out if I can simply make it myself for free!

Help me out guys. :hail2:

• Sponsors (?)

Well if you have the capabilities of making it yourself i don't see why you asked this question? lol. Yes, its simply a piece of thin metal cut to fit with two drilled holes so you can mount it. By no means is it a ''Bunch of money''. I spent $5.00 on mine but thats bc it was polished. Anybody can make the piece. But seeing how cheap it is ti buy, its not worth it to most people to take the time to make it. fyi
Posted via Mobile Device

Have any of you FOX guys made your own EGR delete plate? I don't want to spend a bunch of money on a simple piece of metal with some holes cut out if I can simply make it myself for free!

Help me out guys. :hail2:

Send me your address and through PM I'll send you my extra from when I made mine from 1/4 inch aluminum.No charge.It's not doing anything but taking up space in my toolbox.

I've made both an EGR block-off plate and also a billet aluminum EGR spacer (like what Accufab sells). I discovered that the latter has to be pretty thick to keep the throttle linkage away from the fuel lines since it doubles as a throttle bracket mount.

when you guys add the delete plate do you still hook up the vacuum line?

Are you talking about the vac line that goes to the EGR valve? If you're blocking off the EGR, you're removing the valve completely and then you'd have to plug the vac line.... Right? Its been so long since my car had EGR I can't remember exactly what was involved with removing it. All I know is that I don't have any vac lines in that area.

Hahahaha are you serious?

yep why not? all you're doing is blocking the EGR. so you keep the valve there and block it with a soda can. You don't see it since you trim it up nice. I had this done on my old fox for years and it worked fine haha!

With my current fox, when i do the intake and TB im going to get the egr delete plate so it looks clean.

yep why not? all you're doing is blocking the EGR. so you keep the valve there and block it with a soda can. You don't see it since you trim it up nice. I had this done on my old fox for years and it worked fine haha!

With my current fox, when i do the intake and TB im going to get the egr delete plate so it looks clean.

That's some true hillbilly hot rodding there. I like it.

I've made both an EGR block-off plate and also a billet aluminum EGR spacer (like what Accufab sells). I discovered that the latter has to be pretty thick to keep the throttle linkage away from the fuel lines since it doubles as a throttle bracket mount.

Do you happen to have the dimensions on the delete plate that you made.
The only thing I really need measurements on is the two holes that the cable bracket mounts to.

What I'm going to do is just take a throttle body gasket and use it as a template to cut out the main TB hole, and the holes for the mounting studs.

Do you happen to have the dimensions on the delete plate that you made.
The only thing I really need measurements on is the two holes that the cable bracket mounts to.

What I'm going to do is just take a throttle body gasket and use it as a template to cut out the main TB hole, and the holes for the mounting studs.

You'd be better off measuring the original EGR spacer and going from there. I don't have the dimensions handy, so that's what I'd have to do.

What you trying to say? :D

FWIW, that 5 cent coors can gets more attention then the 10,000 dollar motor under the hood. "Is that a real beer can?" heres your sign

I use a bud light can myself. never fails to draw attention. people are like what is that? and I tell them I have Brewst.......

jujst block the ports off at the heads and between the upper and lower intake. That keeps the hot gas out of the intake. Then you can use whatever you want to block it off on the intake neck.