Has anyone raced a......

• Sponsors (?)

msp 6 runs about a 14.0 form magazines.

I bet owners will be able to pull high 13s if they beat on it.

I wouldn't race a good driver from a stop...and from the trap speed I don't think that they would lose too much steam from a roll.

A stock manual GT is going to get a good race if they can drive. A stock auto will most definitely lose.

Sirjohnny said:
what would be the joke here?

SRMobile said:
Comparing a family car to a sports car :shrug:

Is it a joke because it is a family car? Hell, when I was back visiting my parents, I almost got smoked by my Mom in her Jeep. Yes, I said Jeep SUV. Then again, it is an SRT-8. I drove it and was in shock :jaw: , a few mods here and there, and there is not a chance in hell for me, besides a blower.

Don't judge a car just because it is a family car or SUV or whatever. Im not saying that the Mazdaspeed 6 is a great car, but with cars they way they are today, the Stang is getting passed up. Sure we get a V-8, but so are other cars. Other companies are making 6's that make incredible amounts of power straight from the factory. If you are in a stock Stang, then dont be surprised if you get passed by a Granny in a 4 door.

the RX8 is slow... the RX7 is SWEET but the FD is EXTREMELY unreliable.

The MS 6 is a nice ride... I wouldn't own one for the price they are asking though.

And whoever said it is a shame to compare a family sedan to a sports car... shame!!!

First off, the MGT is not a sports car in its true since. We do have a backseat. We are a pony car. And if I compare my car to an Audi S4 or an M5, I would get eaten alive... and they are both family sedans. It happens... get over it.

Sirjohnny said:
would beat any mustang in the twisties, sorry to tell you that but that car handles like mofo.
Try me.

nice mofo it must be, in R&T Autocross test it almost made it in dead last

Autocross Results
Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT
spec.B 54.9 sec.
Audi A4 2.0 T Quattro
S-Line 55.2 sec.
BMW 325xi 56.0 sec.
Infiniti G35x 56.2 sec.
Volvo S40 T5 AWD 56.3 sec.
Mazda Mazdaspeed6 56.7 sec.
Lexus IS 250 AWD 56.8 sec.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?section_id=3&article_id=3280&page_number=11

aggiedj02 said:
First off, the MGT is not a sports car in its true since. We do have a backseat. We are a pony car. And if I compare my car to an Audi S4 or an M5, I would get eaten alive... and they are both family sedans. It happens... get over it.

Mustang is no sports car? I better tell my insurance company this important piece of information since I'm paying a sports car premium for it. What a ripoff!!

Sirjohnny said:
what would be the joke here? Mazdaspeed 6 is a really great car, would beat any mustang in the twisties, sorry to tell you that but that car handles like mofo. It doesn't have the power potential of a V8, but still is an awesome car... what's the big deal??

who cares about twisteis. 99 percent of going around the twisties is the driver... I don't know too many people that can get the potential out of rear drive. poor drivers like the crutch of awd and FWD so those are the cars that get the good handling rep. But if you can drive a mustang gt or cobra can out handle the front drivers and many of the AWD cars, front drive and AWD tend to understeer.

Anyone that says FWD handles better than RWD doesnt know squat about driving. Ask yourself this ... whens the last time you got out cornered by a FWD Ferrari, Porche or Aston Martin ? Oh yeah that's right, the legends of auto racing don't make FWD cars.....for a reason! :rlaugh:

FWD became common for two reasons, economy and snow. Handling was never in the picture....

Im not too sure why everyone is laughing...it has 274HP, great family car, AWD. Nothing wrong with that, and should give a GT a nice run at the track.

Especially on the street.

BTW I personally like Mazdas...very nice cars. Well the higher end ones.

hotmustang331 said:
Im not too sure why everyone is laughing...it has 274HP, great family car, AWD. Nothing wrong with that, and should give a GT a nice run at the track.

Especially on the street.

BTW I personally like Mazdas...very nice cars. Well the higher end ones.

No offense but OBVIOUSLY you have never seen one, or come up with one on the street.

Might have really nice *family* features, a pretty little AWD badge... and some over rated HP numbers and a little turbo.

As far as the comparision and words that the GT should be a little nervous of the mazdapseed 6 in ANY circumstance is pure crap. Find one, and watch it.. its less than impressive.

I guess it's kinda sad we have threads here of ppl wondering if they stand a chance against 6 cylinder family sedans, minivans, mopeds, etc. I venture over to the LS1 or mopar forums and they're talking about killing Cobras, Vipers, and Bears oh my. Just comes to show how slow our cars really are in stock trim, when compared to the newer cars.