Has anyone raced a......

Yea, there's a new level in the market since our 4.6's were in the running.

Now v8's are nothing if they dont come stock in the sub 14's in the 4th.

There a several 4cyls now running mid 14's or faster, it seems like the whole *new car* market has shifter to faster cars with newer tech, naturally.

• Sponsors (?)

02LaserRed2V said:
I guess it's kinda sad we have threads here of ppl wondering if they stand a chance against 6 cylinder family sedans, minivans, mopeds, etc. I venture over to the LS1 or mopar forums and they're talking about killing Cobras, Vipers, and Bears oh my. Just comes to show how slow our cars really are in stock trim, when compared to the newer cars.
WillDuhhBeast said:
Yea, there's a new level in the market since our 4.6's were in the running.

Now v8's are nothing if they dont come stock in the sub 14's in the 4th.

There a several 4cyls now running mid 14's or faster, it seems like the whole *new car* market has shifter to faster cars with newer tech, naturally.
what sucks about it is that its happening just as I could finally afford a Mustang. Ive wanted once since I was 12, and when I finally get one there are Neons faster than it. :nonono:

Dont get me wrong, I love my car and love modding it to keep getting faster. But when youve put a bit of work and money into it, hours practicing at the track, and some 17 year old comes along in an SRT-4 or Cobalt SS his momma got him and is running the same times or better with only a few hundred invested, it kinda irks me.

Oh well, **** happens then you die :shrug:

Dan_Soprano said:
there's always going to be someone faster. Speed = $$........period. How fast do you want to go, and I'll tell you how much it will cost.
4.89, and I want that quote to the nearest cent :p jk, thats what John Force ran the last time I watched qualifying on ESPN2 :nice:

But about Speed = $$I know, thats why Ive spent the money I have on my car, to go faster. Like you said, theres ALWAYS gonna be someone faster, I just wish some of them werent spoiled, cocky kids with Neons, thats all.

The problem is most of you are comparing older stock Mustangs (SN95) to the latest Cobalt SS, Mazda 6 speed ect. It's obvious that every car in every category keeps getting quicker as years pass.

When the stock 5.0's were running 15 in the 1/4, there weren't many affordable family 4 doors running 15's. They were running mid 16's at the time. Now, in 06, you got these family cars running mid 14's but let's not forget that a stock 05-06 GT is running mid 13's. Please don't try and tell me that they're only a second away. If you think that, you've never seen what a second diffrence looks like in the 1/4 mile.

Year for year, all being stock, the Mustang GT doesn't have to much trouble with many affordable cars. Best part of all, if you decide to mod, the car turns into a fast mofo.

I was comparing 99-04 GTs to the recent SRT-4 Neons and 05/06 Cobalt SSs, stock for stock. The average 99-04 is running 13.9-14.2 stock, whereas those cars are running low 14s too.

Yeah, the 05/06 GTs and Cobalts are a different story, but what about the 04 > SRT-4s? Hell even C&D managed a 13.9 1/4 out of one of those, and dont tell me the average 04 GT driver runs 13.9s stock. Some do, but not all. And dont forget, you can mod those cars too.

Again, dont misunderstand my position, I love my car! But who ever would have thought of a factory Mustang having its work cut out for it agains a factory Neon? Thats all Im getting at. The fact that Richie Rich is behind the wheel is just salt in an open wound.

MMMM Yummy!

wOTkyNTU3NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

^ :rlaugh:

And no i havnt seen on in person or raced one....im just making an educated guess...I guess. lol

Im just saying that in the 1/4 STOCK for STOCK, it would give a GT a very nice run. The GT isnt just going to drive away....that AWD is going to make the GT have to play catch up. Anyways, im pretty far from most sedans so im not too worried....but then again I try my best to refrain from street racing. Im no good at street racing anyways, If say im doing 45MPH...I wont go back into 2nd, ill just leave it in 3rd. And sometimes @ 55ish ill just leave it in 4th. I raced 2 RX8s in like a 7 day period....both I just drove away from. But not as fast as I would like to. WHY? Because I know im faster and start in the wrong gear...so im not all that worried about it. I dont like racing really anymore...so much pressure I really dont enjoy it. I turn down races all the time, but after a while when the situation is perfect I guess I just slip up :(.

racing at the track with money to win is more fun than putting your rep on the line in a street race. when i was a young punk i had something to prove. now i could care less. the only cars i want to kill now are 03-04 SVT's. they run 92+ mph at the track i run 82, so i guess i need to pack a lunch.

hotmustang331 said:
^ :rlaugh:

And no i havnt seen on in person or raced one....im just making an educated guess...I guess. lol

Im just saying that in the 1/4 STOCK for STOCK, it would give a GT a very nice run. The GT isnt just going to drive away....that AWD is going to make the GT have to play catch up. Anyways, im pretty far from most sedans so im not too worried....but then again I try my best to refrain from street racing. Im no good at street racing anyways, If say im doing 45MPH...I wont go back into 2nd, ill just leave it in 3rd. And sometimes @ 55ish ill just leave it in 4th. I raced 2 RX8s in like a 7 day period....both I just drove away from. But not as fast as I would like to. WHY? Because I know im faster and start in the wrong gear...so im not all that worried about it. I dont like racing really anymore...so much pressure I really dont enjoy it. I turn down races all the time, but after a while when the situation is perfect I guess I just slip up :(.

you shouldn't write-off any car that's factory turbo. Once the owner realizes the potential of that turbo, it's game over. Since he/she already has a turbo, it's a lot easier/cheaper for them to make power.
I'm with you on this one actually, I like the car. It's a nice 4 door, sporty, good looking, comfortable car, good for some spirited driving and potential for some great power. What's not to like? A friend of mine just traded in his Cobalt SS for one. I asked him why he ditched the ss after just 7 months--he said he never modded a single thing on the car, but it was rattling and falling apart like it was 10 years old. His other car is also a '02 SS intercooled, procharged-every bolton possible.
Back to the point--he loves his mazdaspeed6...

WOW....didn't realize this would get such a response. I guess the point is, me being pretty much stock still, i need to get modding if i don't want to sweat if i race one. because on paper they look comparable. but once a few goodies start going in....watch out:D

Yeah, it's not like just a couple of years ago where basically the Stang and F-bods were the only affordable performance cars around, pretty much every major brand has something that'll scoot pretty good for a reasonable price. Just start/keep modding your Stang and enjoy it.