Hatch Won't Stay Shut

Serious problem...my hatch wont stay shut. It is not latching when I shut it, meaning I do not have to have a key to open it up. I went to the Ford dealership and they said they do not carry the latch to the hatch (lol) anymore I have tried searching on 50resto but i cant find it anywhere

Funny story....i was taking off at a stoplight the other day with both windows down and the wind was blowing very hard. well i get on it when i take off and when i look back and the hatch has come up in the air- i had to pull over and shut it on a very busy highway:lol:

• Sponsors (?)

Snaps i'm having the same problem but it doesnt have good struts so I don't think the wind would be strong enough to hold mine up on its own. Is it possible you could just grab one that still works Ok at the wrecking yard? I get a lot of good parts there.

Check to see if theres a striker bushing on the striker itself. Mine shattered, while driving and I kept hearing a noise in the back and smelling exhaust fumes so I thought something was messed up. Got home looked around, found the bushing was torn up.

Striker bushing, tell me more!

Guys,

My son and I took the striker off his car, and we could not seperate the striker from the large washer. I was considering slicing the washer to seperate it from the striker, but if I don't have to that would be great.
How does one change the striker bushing without slicing the washer?

TIA:shrug:

Guys,

My son and I took the striker off his car, and we could not seperate the striker from the large washer. I was considering slicing the washer to seperate it from the striker, but if I don't have to that would be great.
How does one change the striker bushing without slicing the washer?

TIA:shrug:

I cut mine cuz i couldn't figure it out either. Works fine though

Fixin this same problem this weekend. I bought the bolt and bushing just to simplify things from Late Model Restoration. The previous owner wrapped electrical tape around it..doesnt work that well..lol..The bolt and bushing were pricey but at least it will be fixed!

I put the new bolt with the bushing in and everything works properly now...yeah!! Also had to adjust it as I remember someone mentioning in a previous post. Tomorrow, new headlight, parklight and turnsignal assemblies go in.