Have a Shaker 1000? Want an aftermarket radio? Here's how.

Since installing the AVIC-D3 in my car back in November, I've received quite a few emails regarding the voltage regulator for the Shaker system.

I know the regulator is required for Shaker 1000 cars, although I am not sure about Shaker 500. Regardless, if you want to avoid the "pop" when turning the ignition on, you need to install a voltage regulator. Because it is really hard to describe the procedure, I made a drawing.

View attachment 318608

Here is an actual picture:
View attachment 318609

And here is the AVIC-D3 install:
http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=731487

Enjoy! :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

That is great info!!! Good job! Don't forget to heat shrink the wires! How hot does the regulator get?

Oh, they are.. this picture was taken before the wires were wrapped and covered with tubing..

I am not quite sure about the heat, though.. :shrug:

DSC01994.jpg

Oh, they are.. this picture was taken before the wires were wrapped and covered with tubing..

I am not quite sure about the heat, though.. :shrug:

DSC01994.jpg

That looks good! Voltage regulators tend to get hot if there is a lot of regulating to do! :lol: I guess since its the TURN ON lead, there probably is not a lot current flowing through the regulator so it shouldn't get too warm.

Regulatorsssss...

-Jason

I heatshrunk all my wiring when I did mine, but I just wrapped the regulator in tape. As stated, there's not much going through it. Just enough to tell the amps to turn on. It should not get hot. If it were the 12V constant, that'd be a completely different story.