Have the Itch...what should I start with?

Hi guys,
I used to roam these forums everyday back when I had my '02 GT. Had lots of mods to it...main one being a MPH Mongoose kit. I've since sold it and now I'm getting the itch to build a 4.6 from the ground up.

When I used to be on here daily, places like 'VTengines' were big into making blocks and power adders...and now those guys are gone...so who is out there that makes good short blocks.

Also,
I'm starting with about $10k in mind. I want to build a 'streetable' car that will in no way serve as my daily driver. I could probably find a used V6 for a little of nothing, but how much extra trouble would that be for me to convert over to a 4.6? The cheapest GT in my area is a '96 going for about $2500, whereas there's a couple of '00 V6's going for $1500'ish

• Sponsors (?)

If performing a motor swap, try to get both donor cars from nearly the same model years.

IMO, asking for trouble to mix a 1996-1998 with a 1999+.

How good are you at wiring? The differences between V6 and V8 are more than engine and suspension. Not to say it can't be done. Plenty of guys have done it. But it is best to have a full donor GT because of some of the small things may make you crazy.

seems like a few guys around here are offering decent deals on the '99 & '00 model GT's....so I'm leaning that way

Anybody have opinions on the 4.6L blocks? Who are some good manufactures nowadays? MRR, DSS, MPH?

I want this build to be N/A and strong