Have you guys seen this?

:notnice:

I don't know if you actually read the thread, but you would be damn hard pressed to find a small block ford running every bit as fast as a twin turbo 510 CI viper engine.:rlaugh:

As far as adding a "ton" of weight? Dude, its a TWIN TURBO 510 CUBIC INCH V10 ENGINE!:hail2:

Thread and build are awesome!

Adam

No, to be honest I really didn't read the thread, because…meh, whatever, but in either case why not answer with a stroked and poked 351W with Twin Turbo? :shrug:

Still half the work, a lot less weight and much more practical.

...and for you hard heads that think that the Viper engine is light just because the block is made of aluminum, you need to give your heads a shake. Yes, an aluminum block is lighter than iron, but there's a whoooole lot of it. An early 4.6L DOHC engine is light too, but fully dressed it weighs damn near 600lbs. Hell, the rotating assembly of the V10 alone probably weights nearly half the entire weight of a 351W...and you've still got the block, heads and valve train (not to mention accesories) to contend with.

Like I said...cool on paper, but for all practicality purposes...:notnice:

It goes right up there with the LSX swap for dumb engine swaps for me.

• Sponsors (?)

Why the hell are we still talking about weight of an engine when he posted up how much his car weighs?!?

Yet we are hard headed?

There are plenty of stroked 351s turbod out there. Even if he did it just to be unique, that's enough for me.

No, to be honest I really didn't read the thread, because…meh, whatever, but in either case why not answer with a stroked and poked 351W with Twin Turbo? :shrug:

Still half the work, a lot less weight and much more practical.

...and for you hard heads that think that the Viper engine is light just because the block is made of aluminum, you need to give your heads a shake. Yes, an aluminum block is lighter than iron, but there's a whoooole lot of it. An early 4.6L DOHC engine is light too, but fully dressed it weighs damn near 600lbs. Hell, the rotating assembly of the V10 alone probably weights nearly half the entire weight of a 351W...and you've still got the block, heads and valve train (not to mention accesories) to contend with.

Like I said...cool on paper, but for all practicality purposes...:notnice:

It goes right up there with the LSX swap for dumb engine swaps for me.

100% agreed

A twin turbo 351w based engine with a couple big snails on it would be a lot more fun and wouldn't look as retarded as either an LSx or a Viper motor.

From a non-Mustang point of view, modding a car for any reason is ridiculous. What good does hiding wires in the engine bay do? Or painting engine parts? It all comes down to what you want to do. The work I put in on my Cobra conversion makes NO sense from a financial stand point. But I wanted to be able to say that *I* did it, and *I* can be proud to drive that Mustang for the same reason.

From that standpoint, I give the Sniper project two enthusiastic thumbs-up.

:nice: :nice:

I also agree that putting non-Ford parts in a Mustang kinda makes the car a hybrid, not truly a Mustang. But that's my opinion. He has a very unique car, and he's made it work out really well. The crafting he has done is amazing, and to him it's worth the time.

If the viper motor was so horrible, the car itself wouldnt be such an icon. I know when i was little, the viper was the car that made me fall in love with cars....this was what, back in 93? 94 maybe?

He will have an abundance of power on tap. So talking about him not being able to upgrade to other parts makes zero sense. Some guys dont like cross breeding with other motors in other bodies. Personally i love it.

So you are saying it's cheaper to put the twin turbo Viper engine in, than a twing turbo SBF making the same power?

As for Dodge, I never really cared for their V10, nor the Clown Shoe they put it in. And as far as the Clown Shoe being an icon, I couldn't disagree more. It's always been the laughing stock of the super car community.

Kurt

Why the hell are we still talking about weight of an engine when he posted up how much his car weighs?!?

Yet we are hard headed?

There are plenty of stroked 351s turbod out there. Even if he did it just to be unique, that's enough for me.

It’s not all about total weight....weight distribution has a lot to do with it. Great...he went with a tubular K-member and coil over front suspension to counter some of the weight of the big V10/TT set up...but he could have very well done the same thing with an all aluminum 351W stroker, made as much power, knocked a whole lot more weight off of the nose and still probably came out cheaper in the end. If you choose to ignore this reality then yes...perhaps the hard headed label fits? :shrug:

I recognize the fact that he did it to be different...but I still don't dig it and think it’s a waste of time. That's my opinion...I really don't care if you share it or not. I’m a hater...deal with it! It amuses me that those of you guys that are for the project, only seem to accept comments praising the build and not the ones criticizing it. If this guy didn't want criticism, he shouldn't have posted it on the internet.

I guess those of us who prefer to remain practical and dare I say....brand loyal are just a bunch of ignorant stupid heads, huh? :shrug:

To be honest you sound dumb imo.You will notice that the stock 302 based people post about weight/revs yet they run a 302/347 instead of a 289.They will use a 351w stroker though.

How stock is an aluminum block dart motor?

To be honest you sound dumb imo.You will notice that the stock 302 based people post about weight/revs yet they run a 302/347 instead of a 289.They will use a 351w stroker though.

How stock is an aluminum block dart motor?

Wait...I sound dumb and you're comparing the weight/performance of a 302 block to a 289? Do you know exactly how much the weight difference is? All of about 20lbs! So how does the slight (and I do mean slight) weight penalty outweigh approx 100-200hp additional potential of a stroked 302 block over a 289 block?

The weight between a 302 and a 351W everything being equal is a little more significant (50-75lbs), but again...still much lighter than a Viper engine....and even more still if you opt for an all aluminum 351W block. So now you have big displacement capacity in a package that's lighter than the original 302HO that was in the car to begin with and thats way, way lighter than that overrated 10-cylinder monstrosity that came in the Viper.

...and in the end its still more cost effective to put together a new aluminum block 351W and have it drop almost directly in, than it is to procure a used Viper engine and then have to custom fab everything...yet continues to have all the power potential just the same.

...and I don't recall anyone claiming that a dart motor was stock, but it still goes together and bolts in just like stock...which just saved you a whole lot of fabrication! :nice:

…and did I mention it was sacrilegious to run a Dodge/Chevy/etc engine in a Ford product? :shrug:

so your telling me that you have a problem with BBC's and SBC's in mustangs??? it just proves that we have the better platform... My next build is going to be an LS1 4 eyed fox....:D

Absoposifrigginlutely. Especially when you consider our SBF and BBF are every bit as capable, inexpensive and durable as the Bowtie mills. :shrug:

When I see an LSX swap in a Mustang, the first thought that comes to my head is "what a way to ruin a nice car". :nonono:

Absoposifrigginlutely. Especially when you consider our SBF and BBF are every bit as capable, inexpensive and durable as the Bowtie mills. :shrug:

When I see an LSX swap in a Mustang, the first thought that comes to my head is "what a way to ruin a nice car". :nonono:

Ok but if your a chevy guy and you want a light weight body... with how easy it is to put a sbc in a mustang... i take it as a complement. The ls1 is a nice engine... why not put it in a nice car?

I have to agree with Brian on this one guys. Adam is looking at it as an engineer 1st and a Stang enthusiast 2nd, so he has an excuse. The rest of you .. The clown-shoe sounds like two weed-wackers stuck in a grass clog. The mean sound of a stang is 900% better. As to the lsxwhatever - they can keep that where it belongs too. Not even worth discussing that one.

It’s not all about total weight....weight distribution has a lot to do with it. Great...he went with a tubular K-member and coil over front suspension to counter some of the weight of the big V10/TT set up...but he could have very well done the same thing with an all aluminum 351W stroker, made as much power, knocked a whole lot more weight off of the nose and still probably came out cheaper in the end. If you choose to ignore this reality then yes...perhaps the hard headed label fits? :shrug:

I recognize the fact that he did it to be different...but I still don't dig it and think it’s a waste of time. That's my opinion...I really don't care if you share it or not. I’m a hater...deal with it! It amuses me that those of you guys that are for the project, only seem to accept comments praising the build and not the ones criticizing it. If this guy didn't want criticism, he shouldn't have posted it on the internet.

I guess those of us who prefer to remain practical and dare I say....brand loyal are just a bunch of ignorant stupid heads, huh? :shrug:

I dont have a problem with you not liking it.

Weight distribution? 52% of the weight up front and 48% on the rear. How much better do you want it to be?

I accept facts that are accurate and not crap from guys who got their panties in a bunch because a ford is crossed with a dodge. Repeating stuff when the guy has posted up facts that go against what you're saying doesnt prove anything. Your opinion is your opinion...its all good. :cheers:

I have to agree with Brian on this one guys. Adam is looking at it as an engineer 1st and a Stang enthusiast 2nd, so he has an excuse. The rest of you .. The clown-shoe sounds like two weed-wackers stuck in a grass clog. The mean sound of a stang is 900% better. As to the lsxwhatever - they can keep that where it belongs too. Not even worth discussing that one.

So wait, we are modding cars and upgrading performance parts based on how they sound? LOL

Yet we'll call out the foreign car fanboys for being "ricers" ? :rlaugh: Thats about as great as the "hey, i want the cam'd sound, which cam should i use" threads that pop up once or twice a year.

PLEASE stay with the argument of simply not wanting to "cross" breed cars. The viper platform is nothing to sneeze at. Sure it doesnt sound the best, but not every 5.0 sounds "beautiful". Coughloudmouthsetupscough. :p

My brand loyalty goes to the Big 3. And i'd much rather check out a car that is unique than your usual run-of-the-mill mustang with a 302/351 stroker. From a mechanical engineering perspective, if the horsepower is made by :flag: or :canada:, im a fan :D

all i can say is, "wow". who are you people?

some dude with amazing fabricating skills who obviously loves his mustang does something truly unique with his car (after already having put in a 2003 cobra with a turbo in it ... not the most straightforward of swaps either). and some of you folks have a problem with it? holy crap

this guy clearly has the money, the time, and the skills to do pretty much anything he wants to do. i'm jealous of him, but as a car guy, that project is amazing. and i for one am glad he did it to one of our cars, showing that a 94/95 mustang is a platform that can be modified for anything and everything you want to do

i mean, seriously, give props where it is due.

some dude with amazing fabricating skills who obviously loves his mustang does something truly unique with his car (after already having put in a 2003 cobra with a turbo in it ... not the most straightforward of swaps either). and some of you folks have a problem with it? holy crap

this guy clearly has the money, the time, and the skills to do pretty much anything he wants to do. i'm jealous of him, but as a car guy, that project is amazing. and i for one am glad he did it to one of our cars, showing that a 94/95 mustang is a platform that can be modified for anything and everything you want to do

X2!!!!

:Word:

****ING THANK YOU! :nice: