Have you seen me?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

No the blue one isn't rice, but it isn't tasetful either...

Your friends car was rice. You might not agree because you know him, but a 16 second auto V6, with all that done to it, cannot be considered anything else. At least the blue one has a nice stance, nice wheels, and I assume a ton of power, your friends had NONE of that.

This is just an opinion of course, and like stated before, you get those when you put pics on the internet. Without these opinions this post would probably be well onto page 2, and the guy who saw it probably wouldn't have viewed the post anyway.

Ok, so if I had left out the part that he bought it himself at 16 yrs old and if I had left out the part that it ran 16's.... and maybe I could've said he turbocharged a 351w and it ran 10's consistantly or some bullshiite... you wouldn't have said it was rice? I just wanna get the whole "double standard" out of the way here ya know.

So it could be like the blue one and have a big wing, a body kit, and different wheels and not be considered rice. But since it's not "fast" and it sits a little high ( only notable differences )... it's rice. So does it come down to "tasteful"?

What's tasteful and what's not? Who regulates and makes those standards of judgement? You? Me? It's personal preference. In person the original car in question was done tastefully. I personally think the blue S197 was done tastefully judging by the picture.

Maybe before he left he was planning on doing the same thing you did. All the body work before the engine. I mean, you did do all the body work on yours AND left the driveline stock, correct? Maybe it's not your "taste" to do the body the way he did. Maybe it's not his "taste" to do the body the way you did. Regardless, neither of you did any engine work so how can you knock him for not starting on the same level you did and doing the body the way you would prefer? I mean, you got a v8 and he has a v6... both stock, most likely your car isn't as fast as mine. But I'm not doggin' you for that.

Power has something to do with it, same reason Mustang guys call ALL foreign cars rice, because they arent fast. I personally like the wheels, stance, and such with the blue one. The color is better, the body kit is better, the wing is rediculous, and the white stripes on the side are terrible, but otherwise it isn;t bad. If you read too, I never said the blue one was tasteful, I said it wasn't...

The truth between the two is this, IN MY OPINION the white one has zero going for it better than the blue one. The blue one looks better, sits better, makes more power, etc...

Feel free to dog me for having a slower car then you (although you have no proof there, but like I said, if you must, go for it) I don;t take personal offense to ANYTHING, even when people rip my car apart, which they do.

I would LOVE to hear the definition of rice to most people. The word gets tossed around to describe everything NOT a Mustang, but when we talk about a Mustang with a big body kit, slow auto 6cyl, on chrome wheels etc... we arent supposed to call it that, we are supposed to call it tasteful.

Power has something to do with it, same reason Mustang guys call ALL foreign cars rice, because they arent fast.

Okay, well out of that whole paragraph this is the only sentence I care to comment on.

I'm as much a Mustang guy as anyone on here and I DO NOT call ALL foreign cars rice. You're generalizing things and you're wrong. A Porsche is a foriegn made vehicle and I haven't seen a slow one in a LONG time. A Ferrari is a foreign car and I've never seen a slow one. Now I'm comparing apples to oranges and I realize that. But, look at a ohhh 4 cyl. Mustang Fox. I bet I couldn't break into the 18's with my 93 vert N/A... does that make it rice? Or would I have to put chromies and a wing on it for you to say that? Not according to your first sentence. Slow cars are rice? No sir.

But you didn't respond to my statement. Had I said the white car had a turbo 351w and ran 10's all day long... would it have been rice? If you answer yes, you would be contradicting yourself. If you answer no, then you have no basis for any of things you've said.

:dead:

If it had a 351 in it, it wouldn't be rice, riceis a slow car made to "look fast" with aftermarket add ons. It is over done, gaudy, and slow... If that car was an auto V6 with nice wheels, lowered and some clean 18s, and no body kit it would also not be rice...

Your picking apart individual things, lump everything that car has going against it, and it is rice. And I generalize based on the 5 rice posts this site has every day it seems.

Whatever, your friend owned it, you thought it was tasteful and clean, and I think it is rice, no worries...

I agree with 25th here, your thinking rice just has to do with looks. Your friends car is about as rice as it gets. If a car has the power to back it up its not riced.

Where me and my friends hang out this civic rolled in painted yellow with a chrome dragon on the side and chrome rollcage. It was laughable, my friend called him out and asked him if he wanted to race our 302 nitrous mustang. The mustang previously went 11.40s on a 150 shot through a carbed h.c.i. setup. Well the guy agreed without even blinking and asking how much. We said 500? He said sure. Something was obviously up, well needless to say he raped the **** out of us and we later saw that car at the track doing 10.40s. If it has the power to back it up, its not rice, TO AN EXTENT. Those CRX mustangs and **** are rice regardless what they have. And yes that blue car is pretty fugly.

I wouldnt call that car rice if i saw it in person, i call it, ugly, slow, and embarrassing. But thats just my opinion, but i know for a FACT that the Z24 cavalier that i used to drive as a beater would've probly smoked that car. 16s are SLOW for a diesel pickup these days.

we all know that you didnt ask for an opinion on the car but this is the internet and when you post a picture of a V6 mustang that looks like its got a liftkit with a tasteless bodykit on it, they are gonna thrash on it... for good reason. This is a performance based forum, if the car was fast people would still rip on the bodykit and stance

Oh the irony...
Wasn't it about a week ago where someone posted a "I LOVE STANGNET" thread praising it for all the kind people and how OPEN everyone is to different ideas/setups etc. Seems like everyone just chimed in and agreed, what a bunch of b.s. that turned out to be. This thread just made me lose some respect towards fellow stangnet-ers.

Oh and btw...I like that stang whether its fast or not.

It's rice..the mods don't fit together (that's the main thing I notice). If it was dropped, it wouldn't be as bad. The body kit is obviously a generic kit that is just modified to fit a different car by the manufacturer..it looks bad. The wing isn't terrible..a Saleen wing looks good on a tasteful car. The "euro" lights are rancid, and the hood would have been better as a Cobra or NASA-style Mach hood. The rims and and wing are the only decent things.

As a reference, magazines say my Neon runs a 16.3. A good driver runs a high 15. Boltons can get you into the 14s. Built bottom end (2.4L) and lots of tweaking on motor can go mid/low 12s..daily driver capable. Why does everyone praise V6 Mustangs when they are slower than a ****box Neon and can't possibly respond as well to modifications?

Any car with these modifications, by any make will look terrible. Even a base-model Civic with these modifications would probably be faster. Throw a 50-lb body kit on my Neon it would still be faster.

There is no reason to differentiate between a riced Civic and riced V6 Mustang. They run the same times, and both look as bad as eachother. I don't care if this is Mustang central, some people seriously need to stop being Mustang fanboys.

I am definitely open-minded when it comes to cars. As long as they have the POTENTIAL to look good (that's almost any car), and if they are well done.

...some people seriously need to stop being Mustang fanboys.

Well we ARE on a MUSTANG website (not NEON, CIVIC, NISSAN, MAZDA site) :rlaugh: I agree about the white Mustang being a slow v6 with a body kit though... but I won't call it rice anymore since it's been said many times now and stating it more will only make the owner (or poster of this topic) even more mad. It's not like someone posted a Civic on a Mustang forum.

That's not really what I meant. I don't see why this car should be praised over a similarly modded Camaro, Civic, Corolla, Topaz, etc..

Definition of fanboy:

Fanboy or Fanboi is a term used to describe someone who is utterly devoted to a single subject or hobby, often to the point where it is considered an obsession. The term originated in comic book circles, to describe someone who was socially insecure and used comics as a shield from interaction, hence the disparaging connotations. Fanboys are often experts on minor details regarding their hobbies, and they take these details extremely seriously.

I call it blind faith. Person or peoples automatically like something without even thinking, or in this case, looking at the car in question. Then said person or peoples defend the car, sometimes not even knowing what they are defending; they are defending the subject or hobby (Mustanging). When this happens often enough and your actions say that you bash other vehicles and only love Mustangs (or Fords), no matter how bad (or similar!) they are to the car that you are bashing, you are indefinitely a fanboy.

well I sort of feel responsible cause I sort of said I had seen the car maybe a:nono: but it might be a little ricey but we dont own it, I dont really care, The buick gn would fly back in its day and still I would own it. A chevy Impala 96 I love .....my opinion will roll BUT I own a mustang love them :flag: we should help, not put down a fellow mustang owner :nono: my opinion is like an ***hole everyone has a diffrent one I know because I shave mine :rlaugh:

well I sort of feel responsible cause I sort of said I had seen the car maybe a:nono: but it might be a little ricey but we dont own it, I dont really care, The buick gn would fly back in its day and still I would own it. A chevy Impala 96 I love .....my opinion will roll BUT I own a mustang love them :flag: we should help, not put down a fellow mustang owner :nono: my opinion is like an ***hole everyone has a diffrent one I know I do because I shave it :rlaugh:

Hello, signature.

Oh the irony...
Wasn't it about a week ago where someone posted a "I LOVE STANGNET" thread praising it for all the kind people and how OPEN everyone is to different ideas/setups etc. Seems like everyone just chimed in and agreed, what a bunch of b.s. that turned out to be. This thread just made me lose some respect towards fellow stangnet-ers.

Oh and btw...I like that stang whether its fast or not.

It's funny you should say that cause I was thinking the same thing. I started that thread before this one took off. Guess I should have waited before I praised 5.0 Talk for being more accepting than 4.6 Talk, cause I was wrong.

I don'tlike ANY rice, whether Mustang or any other car...

Just because it wears a Ford badge doesn't make it exempt from the labeling.

I have never posted on an I love Stangnet thread or said anything about how open I am, unless the car is fast and tasteful, and this car is FAR from that! Like I said, my 5.2 Grand Cherokee would have been faster, and more tasteful!

I don'tlike ANY rice, whether Mustang or any other car...

Just because it wears a Ford badge doesn't make it exempt from the labeling.

I have never posted on an I love Stangnet thread or said anything about how open I am, unless the car is fast and tasteful, and this car is FAR from that! Like I said, my 5.2 Grand Cherokee would have been faster, and more tasteful!

Agreed. Leave the fact that it's a Ford, even a Mustang, out of this. Everything about it IS rice. I am very open to other brands, I'm actually kind of a Chevy guy. But, like 25th said, anything fast and done up tastefully is cool with me, unless it's fwd, I just can't deal with that ****. I don't care how fast it is, racing something fwd is the ultimate display of stupidity and ignorance.

Status
Not open for further replies.