Have you swapped a T56 into a Fox? Come on in

racerbox77

Mar 11, 2006
Ohio
I bought a FRPP Cobra spec 6 speed recently for a great price. It has the correct mechanical speedometer that I know I need a longer cable for. It came with an HPM special cross member for the Fox, bell housing, clutch fork, and throw out bearing. I also got a carbon fiber driveshaft. I'm going to reuse my Centerforce clutch.
My question is should I replace the input shaft to a 26 spline instead of the 10? I know this is the weak point for the Termi's but the Fox bodies are a lot lighter and my T5 has lived thus far with a 10 spline?
This would be the time to do it since its out of the car and I need to buy a new clutch disc. The input shaft is $380 so its not very cheap.

What do you guys think?

• Sponsors (?)

I have a t-56 in my 88 gt and it has performed flawlessly. I purchased it new from D&D and installed it myself back in 1999 in the 87 gt I had then. I have a mild stroker with trick flow heads and intake and a trick flow stage 1 cam with 3:73 gears. I get 26 mpg on the highway and after owning 4 different mustangs it is definitely the best purchase I've made for any of my cars. I've never had any problems with it.