Hazy brights

JenM423

Sep 22, 2011
The brights on my 2002 are so awful and useless that I never even use them, even on the darkest roads. They're super hazy and actually look dimmer than my regular headlights. My headlight covers are in pretty good condition and I used a restoration kit a few months back which cleared them up significantly but made no difference with the brights.

Everyone I've talked to has no idea what this is and has no experience with it at all. Any ideas why my brights are so crappy? Is this common in 99-04 Mustangs? My brother has a 95 and a 96 and has never had this issue with either of them.

• Sponsors (?)

I always upgrade my from summit. I get the non street leagal ones. they usually run around 10 a peice. they are rated at like 85 low and 110 high.. the factory ones are rated at 55/65.. so its worth 20$$$ ..fyi,, they are crazy bright and i never use my high beams. sometimes makes other drivers mad till you flash the high beams.. I'd say get brighter ones, for 20 you cant go wrong..

I wouldn't use higher wattage bulbs. You might melt your wiring or headlight housings, and as mentioned you won't be very popular with police or other motorists.

I'm pleased with my DOT projectors. I have HID low beams and stock 55w high beams, and the highs really light up the road.

Thanks for the help guys. I'm going to look into replacing the bulbs, that has to be the issue. And thanks for the recommendations too. I'll probably avoid the super bright, non street legal ones just cause I've got cops all over me as it is and the last thing I need to to draw any more attention to myself.