Head bolt question

jtfairlane

Mar 5, 2006
I'm in the middle of a head/cam swap.

My question is about the head bolt/stud that keeps the metal fuel lines in place. There is a bracket that holds the two metal fuel lines together, and that bracket is held down by a nut on the front lower head bolt/stud on the passenger side head.

Obviously, in replacing these with ARP head bolts, I will not have a head bolt/stud for the bracket to be fastened to.

Please, no one say just reuse the factory head bolt/stud, because the factory bolts are torque to yield and can't be reused.

For all of you who have done head swaps on 5.0 mustangs before, what did you do about this?

• Sponsors (?)

When I got my engine back in my car from the heads and cam swap a couple of weeks ago. I noticed this bracket when I hooked the lines back up. I actually undid the arp bolt thinkin it would fit. Well it didnt of course. So now I just have the bracket and line attached to nothing. Thats the way its gonna stay on mine. My car is a weekend warrior plus I dont take it off roading as im sure you dont. So you dont have to worry. The lines are pretty sturdy. Im sure others will chime in and did things differently, so ill check back and see as well

Just leave the fuel line be, no need to try to hang it back on that or another head bolt. I just disconnected it and left it. Been like that for a few years now:)

Technically using that one headbolt would be fine. I believe the TTY is overdone, but I got ARP either way.