Head/Cam choice with P1SC Procharger

mklovell

Jun 19, 1999
Fremont, Ohio
Ok, I think I want to add a little zip to the car and a nice thumpy idle. The thing is I already have a P1SC Procharger install and really love the whine at red lights. But I want my cake and eat it to. I would really like to have a nice lumpy idle and increase the power a little.

I still have the stock block and am making 370+ RWHP so I really don't want to increase the horsepower a lot. I was thinking that I would put the stock pulley back on the SC since I am making 10+ psi now with a smaller pulley.

What would you suggest for a head / cam swap with this setup? My 03 is a manual with pretty much a stock engine outside of the necessary upgrades for the SC.

Anything else I should consider with this swap?

I'm also concerned about the rear end. The last time I was at the track I ran a 11.93 with a 1.703 60' time on drag radials and I just have the feeling I pushing the axles close to their breaking point. What does it take to swap out to something stronger? I already have an FRPP Aluminum drive shaft with 4.10's and the stock 3650 tremec. My goal is to get to 11.50 safely if that can really be said.

Any feedback would be very appreciated. Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)