head gasket ?

SVT126

Apr 7, 2003
northern NJ
Hey everybody I need some advise. Can anybody recommend a head gasket kit for a 95 mustang cobra thats vortech supercharged. Ive blown 2 sets of gaskets and I would like to upgrade this time so I wont have this issue anymore THanks !

• Sponsors (?)

What gaskets have you been using? Studs or Bolts? If your blowing gaskets its either tune or something mechanical...clamping force, warped head, etc..

Im assuming stock cast iron GT40's? Have them checked for flatness, you may need to mill them to true them up. I use Mr.Gasket Ultra Seals or Fel-Pro 1011-1.

While you are into everything make sure to check everything very carefully. When I purchased my blower setup the guy who I purchased it from said he was sick of blowing head gaskets all the time. I took it all apart and found several vacuum leaks, mismatched parts and he did not have the fuel regulator boost referenced. So it took me some extra time to get everything setup properly, and to be honest if I had never owned boosted cars in the past I never would have caught any of the small details and would be in the same boat. I now have over 20k with not a single headgasket issue.

What gaskets have you been using? Studs or Bolts? If your blowing gaskets its either tune or something mechanical...clamping force, warped head, etc..

Im assuming stock cast iron GT40's? Have them checked for flatness, you may need to mill them to true them up. I use Mr.Gasket Ultra Seals or Fel-Pro 1011-1.

+1 for the FelPro 1011-1...