Head Porting

• Sponsors (?)

I been looking at that fox lake stage I job too. Looks to be priced good. I'd like to do that and a good valve job to my TW heads. I'd like to do the stage II job actually for my combo, but $900 is a bit steep. I would guess shipping would be around $50. I would suggest a better cam for you along with longtube headers.

Well I want to put in the Trick Flow stage 2 cam but I dont know if it will fit. Im not sure if it will have problems with the pistons or not. I just want the stage 1 port I think thats enough. My heads are brand new they only have 1000miles on them from the break end period for the new motor so I wouldnt think anything needs to be changed even if I put in the bigger cam cause I think the track heat head can hold up to the stage 2 cam?? I think im gona do a little more shopping around then I might send them to foxlake this winter while the car is apart.

Black 93 Fox said:
Well I want to put in the Trick Flow stage 2 cam but I dont know if it will fit. Im not sure if it will have problems with the pistons or not. I just want the stage 1 port I think thats enough. My heads are brand new they only have 1000miles on them from the break end period for the new motor so I wouldnt think anything needs to be changed even if I put in the bigger cam cause I think the track heat head can hold up to the stage 2 cam?? I think im gona do a little more shopping around then I might send them to foxlake this winter while the car is apart.

The only place here in WA that I can think of to ask is Brads Custom Auto in Seattle (I think that is the name, and I think they're in Seattle). They have a pretty wicked autocross car at the B.C.C. Mustang show each year, and they have been very helpfull/knowledgeable each time I have spoken to them.

Might also call up Jim Greens in Lynnwood to see if they will do porting, or know somewhere who will. Also, I think the Mustang exclusive shop (used to be Mikes Mustangs, or at least some of the same guys who worked there) is still in Marysville/Everett.

Guess I could think of more than one place.:D

vristang said:
The only place here in WA that I can think of to ask is Brads Custom Auto in Seattle (I think that is the name, and I think they're in Seattle). They have a pretty wicked autocross car at the B.C.C. Mustang show each year, and they have been very helpfull/knowledgeable each time I have spoken to them.

Might also call up Jim Greens in Lynnwood to see if they will do porting, or know somewhere who will. Also, I think the Mustang exclusive shop (used to be Mikes Mustangs, or at least some of the same guys who worked there) is still in Marysville/Everett.

Guess I could think of more than one place.:D

Hey thanks for the info I think im gona stop by the machine shop that did my block in June and ask them if they can do it with flow numbers if not im leaning more towards foxlake.

Stick with what's proven rather than some no name machine shop. A port job done wrong will cost you money and slow you down/barely make you faster.

What pistons do you have? Theres a lot more to valve spring specs than max lift. Track heat springs aren't too good once you get into custom cams. Ported TW heads are gonna want a different cam to really shine.

Grn92LX said:
Stick with what's proven rather than some no name machine shop. A port job done wrong will cost you money and slow you down/barely make you faster.

What pistons do you have? Theres a lot more to valve spring specs than max lift. Track heat springs aren't too good once you get into custom cams. Ported TW heads are gonna want a different cam to really shine.

I have stock replacement sealpower 306 pistons. I dont plan on a custom cam just a stage 2 cam from TFS.