Head swap Q

So i will soon be going over to a set of GT40P heads, stock condition with new springs. Im still SD, so will i need a tune to compensate for the head swap, and if i can run them without a tune will i see noticeable gains?

Thanks in advance guys.

• Sponsors (?)

If you are going with the stock cam, it wouldn't hurt to have a wide band A/F gauge and an adjustable fuel pressure regulator. You may need to crank up the fuel pressure a bit to keep the A/F at acceptable levels during WOT. If you have an aftermarket cam, there isn't any sense in staying SD, you really need to convert to MAF at that point, because low idle vacuum from the cam will just confuse the SD. Really, converting to MAF is the better way to go no matter what.

I would suggest doing it all at once for the simple fact that when swapping the cam you will have to pull all your rods/lifters up. If you don't have the heads off at the time to allow for this you still have to remove the valve covers and buy a tool from I think Steeda to allow this. Although that tool is nice, in your case it wont be a necessity to spend the extra $

^^^heads dont have to come off to remove lifters.

I would suggest doing it all at once for the simple fact that when swapping the cam you will have to pull all your rods/lifters up. If you don't have the heads off at the time to allow for this you still have to remove the valve covers and buy a tool from I think Steeda to allow this. Although that tool is nice, in your case it wont be a necessity to spend the extra $

:nice: