Head Swap Question

CanadaStang

Sep 7, 2003
Mb
If I do the head swap, do I need to get the car Dyno Tuned after? I live in Canada and [OK, don't laugh!!] the closest place to get a Dyno Tune is 8 friggen hours from here. I was thinking of ordering the kit from Parkway Ford, but I won't if I have to get a tune :( . Or, can I tune it myself with a Hypertec Programer?

• Sponsors (?)

CanadaStang said:
If I do the head swap, do I need to get the car Dyno Tuned after? I live in Canada and [OK, don't laugh!!] the closest place to get a Dyno Tune is 8 friggen hours from here. I was thinking of ordering the kit from Parkway Ford, but I won't if I have to get a tune :( . Or, can I tune it myself with a Hypertec Programer?
No you wont need to get a tune. I got mine tuned but I only run on performance tune when racing the rest of the time its on the stock tune.

slvrbullIT said:
you could always get the sct tune by mail. my sct flasher with custom tune is coming today so ill let you know how it works.

Thanks slvrbullIT!! I don't mind if I'm down a few ponies b/c I don't get the dyno tune, I was just afraid the swap might turn my perfectly good car, into a slobbering pig, if I didn't get the Dyno Tune. I would really like to hear how your sct flasher works out.
I checked out your garage, Nice :nice: Damn fine rwhp # too.
Thanks again for the info!!