Head Swap...Questions!

latham83

Jul 24, 2003
Hey alright im gonna need some help here....I'm going to be ordering some thumper heads..and i have my valve covers off already and the heads are ready to come right off soon...Now I realize that you have to remove the rockers, and pushrods from the heads to remove them...is that it? is there anythign else to it? And then all I would have to do with the new heads..is put the pushrods and rockers back on them in the same order.. correct? My question is should i buy new ones right away? or will these be ok yet to just reuse? i dont know to much about these or what to do look for so....theres is 165,000 on my car but compression test came up 155 perfect for all cylinders..so my rings and eveyrthing else are fine...i just need to konw what i should change or not while replacing the head assembly here..thanks guys

• Sponsors (?)

You have to take off the lower intake, headers, and front accessories also. Definately put the rocker arms and push rods back in the same order they came. As far as reusing the stock rocker arms, you'll be able to reuse them with out problems.