Headache grr

AP1995V6

Jul 13, 2003
Oxford, MS
So I ordered a MAC h-pipe adapter so I could hook up a Magnaflow cat-back to my car.

Well, the h-pipe(2.5") that is listed as fitting the stock shorties(2" or 2.25") doesn't fit after all. Not only do they not fit, but their customer service rep was a complete ******* about it. So I'm getting the local exhaust guy to fabricate a 2" to 2.5" mid-pipe for me instead.

2.5" Magnaflow with 3.5" sliced chrome tips. :drool:

The mid-pipe is temporary until I put my 351 in this summer, anyway. :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

That's what I told my local exhaust fellow, but he threw a fit about it. He wouldn't even order a GT Cat-back because he said it wouldn't fit. I got tired of arguing with the man so I told him to order whatever he can.

So, instead of getting the 2.5"/3.5" stainless steel catback I wanted, I'm getting an aluminized steel 2.5" catback. :(

Well, this was $500 well wasted.

The guy ordered the cat-back that bolts up to the y-pipe, and he won't return them. So I'm stuck with something that is going to get replaced in a few weeks. :mad:

This is really discouraging.

I wrote a check for the part.

I'm just going to pick it up tomorrow, and try to sell it for a way discounted price.

I wanted to get the magnaflow cat-back for GT's and have the mid-pipe fabbed, but obviously that was too difficult of a concept.