Header / exhaust recomendations

Sorry if this topic has been covered already, but i was after some opinions on Tri-Y headers and magnaflow exhausts.

Just about to start work on the 289 in the 65 fastback and was thinking about the above combo. I have noticed the Tri-Y's are a fair bit cheaper than some of the other brands (Hooker / JBA?). Is there a noticeable difference in quality or performance? I was thinking about importing these with other parts i need (i'm in Aust) as we don't seem to have these brands here.

Cheers

• Sponsors (?)

The Tri-Ys made after the Shelby GT350 pattern are sized with 1 1/2" primaries. That's just fine for a 289 or mild 302 and they are cheaper than most. They are also not coated (typically) and will rust up pretty quick if you don't do anything about it.

I have Doug's Tri-Ys (1 5/8" primary and 2" secondary tubes, 2 1/2" collector), which are very good quality. Doug's was bought by Pertronix, however, and I am not sure if they are using the same pattern that Doug (Thorley) did.

Check around here for threads about Patriot Tri-Ys.
They are the only ones I know of that are inexpensive, and they have a really bad reputation for not fitting.
Mine hit the clutch linkage and pitman arm.
Thought it was a fluke, but I was told that was common for Patriots.
My driver's side secondary tube was crushed almost shut, and my clutch would not disengage on left turns.