Header Help!

• Sponsors (?)

550hp03cobra said:
I've been looking for a worthy set of headers for my 03 cobra but cant seem to find any that i think would be worth the money. Can anyone provide me with recommendations? I'd really appreciate it!

There are more than a few good headers available for the '03/'04 Cobra's. Kooks are highly recommended as are the Bassani mid-length's. I hear that Hooker even makes a nice set for our cars now. The question is are you willing to give up a whole fistfull of dead presidents for just a few extra ponies? You do know it's not the most cost efficient mod out there for our cars, right? Are you going to install them yourself? Do you know what the average cost for a LT install on a Mustang is? On top of all this you will have to either butcher your current Magnaflow x-pipe or get a brand new mid pipe that will work with whatever type of headers you eventually decide to get. Unless of course you go with a set of shortys...

U.M.

Uncle Meat said:
$930 retail! Damn.... I take it you are going to install them yourself? What are you going to do with your Magnaflow X-pipe?

U.M.

Take a look at this: "SHM - 7700 Long Tube Header 1 3/4 to 1 7/8, 2.5 inch collector 96-98 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra - $1,450" :eek: :eek: :eek:

That would be for my 97 Cobra, I'd be looking at 2 grand after the install. I think I'm going BBK - $499, good price/quality balance.

BBK is the best bang for your buck header...not sure of opinions with the 03 Cobra's though. Kooks are great. I have them for my 99. I know they make them for the 03+ Cobra's. Labor to install headers is typically in the $500 area. Plus, you will either need a new mid pipe or if you have an o/r already you can jut have them match it up to the headers.