header question

trustno1

Aug 17, 2006
Hello all. Got a quick question on some headers. I own an 2009 gt/cs and want to order some headers so...... when I look in the catalogs I see several different "kinds" and I was wondering which set should I order?
1) ceramic
2) stainless
3) chrome

and should I go with long tube or short tube?
I will be ordering them from FORD RACING and I want the most power I can get..... THANKS :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

I did the Kooks stainless with jet-hot coating this way I know they won't rust since they are stainless and the jet hot coating helps keep the temps down in the engine bay.

Your stock manifolds actually flow pretty well, pretty much like a set of shorties.
You could expect to see gain around 25rwhp when changing to longtubes. If you go with Kooks, they use nothing but 304 aircraft quality stainless, hand-welded right in North Carolina (that's right HAND-WELDED). Like previously posted, if you purchase a set made with 304 stainless, you wont have to worry about a coating. However, the stainless will turn blue (which i happen to like), but the coating will help with that and help with underhood temps. Call Todd @ Steeda and I will get you a great price on a set of Kooks.

Your stock manifolds actually flow pretty well, pretty much like a set of shorties.
You could expect to see gain around 25rwhp when changing to longtubes. If you go with Kooks, they use nothing but 304 aircraft quality stainless, hand-welded right in North Carolina (that's right HAND-WELDED). Like previously posted, if you purchase a set made with 304 stainless, you wont have to worry about a coating. However, the stainless will turn blue (which i happen to like), but the coating will help with that and help with underhood temps. Call Todd @ Steeda and I will get you a great price on a set of Kooks.

If you've got any for an '08 sixer I'll probably end up calling you! :D