Headers and broken back!

95BLKGT5.0

Founding Member
Mar 18, 2002
Auburn Washington

LT headers

I got a set of Mac LT headers and a Mac pro chamber for my 95 GT waiting to be installed.

Here is my problem!

I have always done my own work on my cars.

But I was in a car accident in January. I was driving my 95 Nissan PU and was rear ended (SLAMMED) at 57 MPH when I was stopped.

Needless to say my back is messed up and I have not been able to install my headers and its driving me nuts.

How much would it cost to have them installed?

I have everything Headers, Pro Chamber, Stage 8 bolts and O2 extenders.

And if anyone in Washington who knows where I can “GET R DONE”

Please let me know.

• Sponsors (?)

wow, I feel your pain. a few years ago, I broke my back and had to have 3 metal rods and 4 screws put in. I didnt work on any cars for a while.

Your best bet is to call around to all the local exhaust shops and performance shops in your area. If you can try and visit them in person.

When visiting take a look around, and look at the cars that they are already working on, and look at the employees, and the clenliness of the shop.

It is often best to choose a shop somewhere in the middle of the cost range. Just for referance my shop charged $65.00 an hour for installs, and $115.00 an hour for fabrication.

yeah unless u can find a fellow stanger to come and throw them on for you for a cheap price, or maybe free.who knows. but it would prolly be better to a friend help or do the install than to pay them to do it.

You just might be in luck if you are patient.

Do you drive your stang daily, or can it be down for a weekend?

I am moving to Washington in Mid October, and would be happy to aid you in your install. Done it a few times actually. You can check out the Cardomain page in my sig. I just did LTs and H on my Cobra, and am on to a side exhaust now.

Downside is I will be living in Port Orchard. Not sure how far that is from Auburn. Let me know. As long as all the parts are new, no big issue. Just time consuming. If we start early in the morning, it could be done in the early evening I am sure. I always plan on twice as much time when working on a stang because of past experiences. Things don't always go perfect.