Headers and H pipe Installed!

94GTCoupe

10 Year Member
May 7, 2006
CA
Finally got around to replacing my exhaust.
i already had the Flowmaster American Thunder aftercats.

heres a little before and after video.(in the before portion,if you listen closely,you can hear my smog pump knocking around)
View attachment 260872

i installed these used BBK unequal lengths i got for a good price.(Adam95GT :hail2:)
3.jpg

i also installed the Summit O/R H pipe(new from summit,$113)
the fit was suprisingly good.i only had to trim the smog pump tube about a 1/2 inch.the pipes had more than enough clearence between the body and the tranny cross member.
BUT,the passanger side may have been a little short.the tailpipes were even before the install.when i bolted everthing up,the passanger side tail pipe was pulled in about 1-2 inches.
good thing i used the clamps when i installed the flowmaster after cat and did not weld them in.
i just loosened the tailpipe clamp,pulled it out even,clamped it in and tack welded it in so it will not vibrate loose.
the flanges were also pretty good.from the reviews i read,i expected them to bend when tightening everthing down,but they did'nt:nice:
4.jpg

i WAS going to do a write up,but i ran out of space on my SD card.grabbed the small card by accident:nonono:

everything went in fine.headers and h pipe sealed great.
ground clearence is about the same.

there is only one problem which confuses me.
after the install,driveshaft started rubbing against the parking brake cable.never did that before.
could it have something to do with replacing the HEAVY factory mid pipes?:shrug:

nothing was changed that day except the smog pump,headers and h pipe.
i'll figure it out this weekend,as a temporary fix,i raised the car about a half inch.

stock mid pipes
2.jpg

1.jpg

Summit pipes
7.jpg

Headers installed
5.jpg

6.jpg

next up...FRPP 3.73 gears over my vacation at the end of June.

• Sponsors (?)

Car sound amazing!!! I bought the summit O/R H and it doesn't fit worth a crap on my car.:nonono: So now I want long tube even more!:D
So, quick question since your a Cali man. How often will you have to swap that mid over to factory?

thanks guys.
i have to hold on to the stock midpipe.i passed emissions this year,next test is in 2 years:notnice:

I just have to do smog to my cobra and it sucks to swap up the stock H pipe every two years.Mine is actually bad one of the cats is hollowed out because it was rattleting alot it passed border line the readings where at the exact max levels max level:eek:

I just put in the exact same parts in my car! I love the sound, but my car is dumped off because my tails were toast. I'll buy new ones when I get my exploder motor installed. A buddy has some BBK long tubes for 100 bucks, I wonder if that's a good deal?

Sounds awsome though!

fit like a glove:nice:
as for the e brake,i think its something else.
i've had the car up on stands many times,and have had the car at the same ride height since i installed the suspension.
never had a driveshaft rub.
i'm gonna poke around under the car tomorrow.see what i can find.