Headers and Short cat'd hpipe

TorontoJohn

Sep 8, 2004
I am getting a pretty good deal on the two partslisted. They are both from mac, both never used. It's a MAC set of long tube headders, and a Mac catt'd h-pipe for long tubes. I am picking the set up for 300$(thats for both). That is $300 Canadian so about 200-225 American.

Am I going to see a big difference using these parts? Basically, should I bother putting them on? I can always sell them for alot more then I paid.

• Sponsors (?)

You will see a slight change in your low and midrange with some L/T's and the new mid pipe. It won't be drastic by any means, but there is a little to be gained. If you have the time and the means to get them installed, go for it.

well, unless for some odd reason the canadian governemnt is cracking down on emissions laws, i would try and sell the catt'd mid-pipe and purchase an o/r shorty mid-pipe. Cat'd midpipes will always sell for more than just the o/r version, so you look to make a little $ there, but most importantly alot of sound!

The high flow catted pipes will flow nearly as well as an off-road version and probably have a slightly better low-end than the off-road. I think you'll feel a very nice gain with it.

95GTV8 said:
well, unless for some odd reason the canadian governemnt is cracking down on emissions laws, i would try and sell the catt'd mid-pipe and purchase an o/r shorty mid-pipe. Cat'd midpipes will always sell for more than just the o/r version, so you look to make a little $ there, but most importantly alot of sound!

Cat's are part of the safety inspection here, and we do have emissions testing. That, and I don't feel saving a bit of money is a justifiable reason to dump more chemicals into the air.