Headers/Cats hitting ground with springs installed?

Vic_Ferrari

Sep 25, 2003
lake mary, FL
My kook LT's are pretty close to the ground with the stock springs.
I'm thinking about getting H&R springs, which lowers the fron 1.5" and the rear 1.6"

Has anyone had a problem with smacking speedbumps or uneven pavement.....
I don't want to dent up my LT's and I don't want to have to crawl over every little bump in order not to.....

• Sponsors (?)

Vic_Ferrari said:
My kook LT's are pretty close to the ground with the stock springs.
I'm thinking about getting H&R springs, which lowers the fron 1.5" and the rear 1.6"

Has anyone had a problem with smacking speedbumps or uneven pavement.....
I don't want to dent up my LT's and I don't want to have to crawl over every little bump in order not to.....

DON'T LOWER THE CAR VIC! At least don't do it unless you are ready for the inevitable scraping that WILL occur. That is one of the MAJOR drawbacks of ANY long tube header. You want to know how bad you’ll be scraping on everything? Go talk to Jonas at SVTPerformance.com

U.M.

I have the Kook LT's and the car is lowered about 1.5 inches....haven't bottomed out once. My driveway has a steep approach and when I pull in or out I just take it at an angle and go slow. Use common sence on speedbumps and such and you will be fine.

:nice:

I agree with 99SVTAddict. I have BBK LT's and the car is lowered with Steeda springs. I do hit sometimes, but that is only because the University of Florida is obsessed with high speed bumps... Otherwise, I never bottom out the car on the exhaust. Granted, I don't have cats back there, so I dunno if you may lose another inch/half an inch to them...

Uncle Meat, I know what you mean, but it's a price we pay to get the things to look good and go fast. Plus, I'm probably biased with the really good roads we have in Florida. I say if it's something you are truly worried about, leave the ride height stock--03's are already pretty decent. You needed a friggin ladder to get into my 01 before I dropped it...